PDA

View Full Version : Tragic news concerning one of the kittens..

Luke
14-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Just received what has to be one of the saddest phone calls ever..one of the kittens died this morning:cry:
The big tortie girl with lots of ginger on her face passed away in my aunts arms at half past 10 this morning, no idea as of yet why she died-PM being done by vet this afternoon. Was very sleepy last night apparentlly. Most sad..just four weeks old and gone to the bridge:cry:
she was such a sweet wee lass..quiet yet liked the fuss-her new mummy n daddy and family are also sadder than one can describe-is a very sombre day today.
Megan, mama cat, is apparentlly very estranged and feverentlly checking for the kitten to turn up..and the other two kittens seem very 'confused'. These are going to be watched like a hawk and taken to the vets (our vet surgery, which is where the PM is being done and is a different vets to which has seen the litter previouslly) later today to ensure nothing is wrong with these..
What i can't get my head around is not the week just past but week afore that they were at the vets when one had a sticky eye and this vet (its a new practise opened up by the aunt n uncles house) gave them a clean bill of health and said they were all fine..most odd.
Such a sad and sombre day...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Lu-1/kittensoctober22Medium.jpg

dinahsmum
14-10-2006, 12:03 PM
:cry:
Sweet little baby.
Maybe (probably?) something she was born with .... heart defect or something? As long as there isn't an infection the others might get - but surely there would be some symptoms?

Oh Luke - I am sorry. Just did a 'who's online' and saw you were creating a post in Gone but Not Forgotten. Opened it very sdaly.

Luke
14-10-2006, 12:08 PM
:cry:
Sweet little baby.
Maybe (probably?) something she was born with .... heart defect or something? As long as there isn't an infection the others might get - but surely there would be some symptoms?

Oh Luke - I am sorry. Just did a 'who's online' and saw you were creating a post in Gone but Not Forgotten. Opened it very sdaly.
See i voiced my concerns when one (can't remember which tortie) had the sticky eyes whether it could be cat flu (?) as the one who had it had a rather runny nose-you know i think it may have been the half ginger faced lass actually-and the young vet at this 'new' practise laughed and said i was being too cautious and it was 'obviouslly' conjuctivitus. Maybe i was just thinking the worst but it, to me, does seem maybe a little bit coincidental..
The other two apparentlly are fine, to the eye, just seem sad..
The aunt is particually worried about Megan..she is just pacing around bawling..nothing can calm her down.
Luckily the vets practise we go too are very good-and they only got a phone call (i told the aunt she had to use our vets as they are a rarely superb practise) and were straight around to take the body for PM and to check everything out.
They asked for the two kittens and megan to be taken into surgery later for a more thorough examination, but at a quick glance over apparentlly they seemed fine. The vet from our surgery that went around seemed rather miffed how these other vets had not even asked for a follow up appointment after we took them in with the sticky eye.
It all seems a tad too coincidental-everything seems a bit of a mess today.

yola
14-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Luke honey - I'm so sorry to hear about the kitten. I had made a mental note when viewing your pictures earlier in the week about the amazing colouring of this kitten's face . . . and I'm very sad to hear that it's indeed this one that has been lost.

I'm hoping that it is simply a congential fault that has caused this and that no other kitten or cat are affected.

Hugs to you and all touched by this :(

logoes
14-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm so very sad for you all. Losing a pet at any time is dreadful, but one on the threshold of life is doubly so.
Logoes

alexgirl73
14-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh Luke, I am so sad for you and all your family. I can only imagine the heartbreak you must all be feeling. I pray that it was one of natures things with the poor baby and not something which could harm the others. And as for poor Megan, she must be so lost. Hugs to you all. ((()))

Moli
14-10-2006, 03:20 PM
So sad.:( ...poor little girl.:( ...Hope Megan picks up again, she must wonder where her baby has gone.:( ..Hugs" to you all...

Mags
14-10-2006, 04:21 PM
So very sad to hear that Luke...I hope the others will be fine and Megan picks up.....(((hugs)))

Kazz
14-10-2006, 05:32 PM
So sorry Luke, as DM said earlier maybe a problem she was born with nothing you can do to second guess nature. Just be grateful she did not suffer and went peacefuly.

RIP little one.

Kim
14-10-2006, 06:04 PM
So, so sorry Luke. (((hugs)))

Tom
14-10-2006, 06:56 PM
This is so sad :(

Rip xx

Donna
14-10-2006, 08:06 PM
So sorry Luke. RIP baby x

Elaine
14-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh Luke, I am so very sorry. Big hugs xxx
Poor little girl.
R.I.P. Sweetheart, run free xxx

smithdouglaswood
14-10-2006, 08:11 PM
So sorry.

RIP little one xxx

Angie and the gang

dandysmom
14-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh Luke, I'm so sorry! Poor little thing, you must be so devestated ...poor Megan looking for her baby :cry: I just pray that the others are OK; thank goodness the good vet is the one looking at them, (((hugs)))

Luke
15-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks folks-was a real shock to say the least:(
PM results so far show cause of death was to do with heart n lungs showing 'scarring/damage' which could mean she was born with these defects (however the vet doesn't hold such faith in this area) or that it was due to a serve respiratory type illness (vet holds strong that it is this), in which case if it was the latter then it had been there longer than a week and therefore should have been picked up by t'other vet.
There are more 'extensive investigations' going on and concrete results will be established by Tuesday at the latest-apparentlly. (sorry if anything sounds a bit jumbled, i'm just quoting exactly from the message i received.)

Sweet
15-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Luke I am just catching up on threads.......I am so sorry for you and your family, please give Megan a Hug x

dinahsmum
15-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Poor little scrap.

borderdawn
15-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Poor little girl, such a short life.
Dawn.

Kazz
15-10-2006, 06:07 PM
A short but happy life :) knowing nothing but Love.

dandysmom
15-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Kazz, you always seem to sa just the right thing.......

janey83
15-10-2006, 08:44 PM
awww she was gorgeous. R.I.P

Fran
15-10-2006, 09:47 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news Luke :( She really was a beauty

RIP little one x