PDA

View Full Version : Cats, you gotta love 'em

Naomi
02-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Went out earlier and all 3 cats were sat on the drive. Moli was batting something about as usual. On closer inspection it was a moth. Moli seems to get bored as soon as they stop flapping about. Moli got up and went to have a nose about under the hedge. As soon as Moli disappeared Timmy got his little paws on the moth. He batted it about once or twice then proceeded to eat the moth :?

So far my cats have caught the following, that I know of, in the last few days

2 x birds
1 x moth
1 x wasp

CathyW
02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
any daddy long legs??? mine have had a few of them, they also sit on the back window sill looking at the squirrles. LOL

dandysmom
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Hope Timmy didn't eat the wings too!! Leia has caught and eaten two crickets lately, ugh!! Can you imagine the look on their faces if you offered them a plate of bugs.....:-D

ruby
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
hi, i found tango cat playing with what looked like a small fluffy green pompom, then it unravelled, and it looked like a furry caterpillar, then i saw the big sting on it and moved it away from tango very fast. never seen an insect like that before, it was really pretty,apart from the sting. he then got interested in a big worm.

Sweet
03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Mabel is the one here for insects! she makes a growling noise if you go near her because its hers LOL x

Naomi
03-10-2006, 08:27 AM
They haven't caught any daddy longlegs but Timmy has a fascination for spiders and then stands back in amazement if he catches one :lol:

Rosie
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Alfie is practising on moths and daddy longlegs but I am sure he will progress on to bigger things as he was very excited about the mouse that Rosie caught and gave to him.

andrew021
03-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Jet is the same, she catches, moths, flies and daddy long legs.

She loves the chase when spiders are in the house, especially if they go under chairs. When she catches them she will play with them until they are dead and then just walk away.

She hasnt caught any birds or mice, yet.

alexgirl73
03-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Spiders are the sport of choice in my house, though they do like the odd daddy long legs and fly!

MrsH
03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Anything that flies or crawls gets the attention of my two, but I don't think they've ever managed to catch anything except a couple of daddy long legs.

They have, however, fallen from the windowsill several times as they "took off" in pursuit of flies etc!

smithdouglaswood
03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Smokey prefers mice etc, but Fluffy loves daddylonglegs, spiders, flies the list is endless.Angie and the gang

tazz
04-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Tazz also likes daddy long legs, a wasp sting him the other day on his nose.He was not at all amused.He also likes to sit on the fence, waiting for the birds to eat their food, but has not caught any yet.:-D

Donna
04-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Must be a great time for our cats at the moment with all those bugs about before the frost kills them all off....

Personally I cant wait for the frost!!!

dandysmom
04-10-2006, 07:34 PM
They're not waiting for the frost; they're coming in! Leia has already caught & eaten two, and I found a dead one in the middle of the rug last night...she must not have been too hungry ! lol

Naomi
06-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Timmy climbs into the hedge and sits with his head just below the top of the hedge ready for a bird to land on the hedge. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at things, Timmy's always managed to fall out of the hedge before catching anything :roll:

Tazz sounds like he's coming along in leaps and bounds.