PDA

View Full Version : Poor little Alfie

Rosie
02-10-2006, 09:40 AM
My little sweetie was spayed on Friday and when I brought him home he was very spaced out and not his self at all but to make matters worse both Rosie (my other cat) and Holly (my dog) were both really rotten to him growling at him if he came near them. They are almost back to normal today but still very wary of him. Has anyone else noticed this with their animals?

yola
02-10-2006, 10:53 AM
It's the difference in the smell. Whenever one of my 3 cats visits the vet the others are always unpleasant upon returning home. Hissing, growling and even the occasional boxing of ears happens.

It usually settles down within 1/2 a day or so.

dinahsmum
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Poor boy. I too think he brought the dreaded 'vet smell' home with him.

Donna
02-10-2006, 12:35 PM
When Misty went missing overnight when she was little, Chloe spent the whole of the next day hissing and attacking her!!! She must of smelt different too!!!

Was funny!

Mags
02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Poor Alfie........I agree with the above replies that it is probably something to do with the small.....

Moli
02-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Mine all reacted the same way when one had been to the vets, sure they will all settle down again soon...

Rosie
02-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your replies we tend to think animals should feel like us and have sympathy with a fellow sick animal. At least I know it is not just my lot.

dandysmom
02-10-2006, 08:24 PM
It is the "vet smell" as everyone has said; all mine reacted like that when one came back home. It will get back to normal in a day . Poor Alfie!

Sweet
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
((((((huggles to Alfie)))))) x

MrsH
03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Hope everyone is back on "speaking terms" now!

It's not just smell picked up from a different environment that they react to. When Jason was only about 6 months old, he climbed 50+ feet up a tree and then cried until he managed to get back down some 15 minutes later.

Meanwhile, Molly was also crying at her brother stuck up this tree, When he got down she hissed and growled at him and wouldn't go near him for the rest of that day.

I think his fear had made him smell different (adrenaline?)