PDA

View Full Version : Wiggy in disgrace, but let off the hook!

borderdawn
01-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Well Wiggy was very bad this morning, he always goes in the garden for 10 minutes and sits in the Cat pen watching spiders etc.. This morning I heard a squeak and he was walking up the garden with a bird i his mouth! I was horrified, its a part of Cats I dont like, the killing of songbirds.

He had caught (god knows how) a Great Tit. I got it off him eventually and it lay legs up by the back door. I went out to move it and its wing moved and I could see it breathing. I waited a moment or too and went to fetch the air rifle to end it suffering, but to my delight when I got back it was sitting up, and looked intact. I got a shoe box and thought I would let it rest for a few hours and see how it went on. As I approached it, it flew off!! Straight up into the tree, then off again into the sky! I was soooo pleased, it must of been shocked or stunned. So a naughty Wiggy, but let off the hook when the birdy was unharmed.
Dawn.

janey83
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
So glad you didnt shoot the bird.

borderdawn
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
I would only of ended its suffering Janey, if it was badly injured, not otherwise, I am a big fan of our native song birds.
Dawn.

Mags
01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
So pleased there was a happy ending Dawn..........and to think Wiggy isn't as innocent as he looks!!;):lol:

dandysmom
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
I would only of ended its suffering Janey, if it was badly injured, not otherwise, I am a big fan of our native song birds.
Dawn.
I'm a bird lover too, and keep a feeder full summer and winter have water available for then, but can't get really distressed when one of mine (indoors but ouside occasionally in fenced garden with supervision) catches one...happens rarely, but the cat is just doing what nature designed it to be...a predator of small animals/birds. Don't be too mad at poor Wiggy!!

alexgirl73
01-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Poor birdie for being caught, Poor Wiggy for being given into trouble. So glad I don't have this problem what with having indoor cats. Mind you, I personally think the birds that come to our garden tease poor Broxi!

borderdawn
02-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Wiggy has been forgiven! He's a Cat afterall, but I dont like the song birds to be killed, I have moved the feeders (again!)
Dawn.

Sweet
03-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Naughty Wiggy - glad it was a happy ending, I love Garden Birds, dont think I will have many this Winter in the garden due to the 4 cats! x

Naomi
03-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Poor Wiggy, bless him. Altho I don;t mind my cats catching birds when they miss I do feel relieved that they didn;t catch it