PDA

View Full Version : Am I being unfair?

Moli
28-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Since I took Chancer in, I have been keeping him in at nights, he stays around the garden all day, popping in and out..Lastnight I let him out late, and he woudn't conme back in...He was on the doorstep this morning...Am I being unfair keeping him in at night?

Kazz
28-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Not sure about unfair Moli but he had been a stray and unused to being cared for I imagine if Ocar (not a stray) is anything to go by he adored the early hours "cats time" so I imagine your Chancer is the same once he realises the benefits of a warm home at night I am sure he will come back and come winter I bet you won;t shift him out the house with a barge pole he'll be glued to the fire/radiator; let him do what he wants have you a cat flap? but if you feel better having him in the keep him in.

Mags
28-09-2006, 11:02 PM
You don't think he could be meeting Cassie halfway do you Moli? :lol:

Moli
28-09-2006, 11:12 PM
He will come in if I let him out about 9.30. any later and he goes to see the cat next door, they are great friends, I worry because we have an entire ginger tom who really bashes Chancer....He is quite happy to stay in, if he has had an evening stroll...I know he will never be liek mine cats, he has had to fend for himself and is quite street wise...
I do not have a cat flap Kazz, my 4 have never got out at night...

Moli
28-09-2006, 11:13 PM
You don't think he could be meeting Cassie halfway do you Moli? :lol:
You never know Mags!:lol:

Kazz
28-09-2006, 11:31 PM
In that case start making it a rule he i out for his last stroll well before 9.30 then has to come in. Try letting the dogs out to sort out his large ginger attacker - let him know he has backup.

dandysmom
29-09-2006, 02:30 AM
If he were mine I'd be much happier having him in safe at night; don't think of it as unfair, just protective. And with the nasty weather coming too soon he'd probably not mind....

Sweet
29-09-2006, 07:38 AM
I always try to get all my 4 in at night - but the last few days Mau Mau (Rescue Cat) I rehomed has decided no way! and prefers to stay out - I am hoping this will change once the colder nights set in.

Vincent was happy playing with the shadows in the garden last night and was a little devil to get back in LOL - but we did in the end! x

Donna
29-09-2006, 03:24 PM
I always get mine in at night. Wouldnt sleep otherwise. You are not being unfair - you are being caring and agree the cold nights are coming pretty quick so you will be doing him a favour keeping him in all snug and warm!

Booktigger
29-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I dont think you are being unfair - when I first got Ginger, it was in August, and was Sept when he was allowed out, and he was a nightmare to get in, dont know if it was the cold nights that finally stopped him or the fact he got fed up of being dragged in regardless!! I wanted him to know that this was his house, and the rules are you are in at night. I did bend the rules a lot during the summer, but dont recall any more issues during the winters.