View Full Version : Yvonne how are the kittens

Kazz
24-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Yvonne how are the kittens getting on?

yvonne
04-10-2006, 10:31 PM
sorry, sorry, sorry
just been too busy round here to post.
kittens are too gorgeous for words, they are up and down stairs, into the washing machine, into everything!
they have come on more than I ever hoped, I really thought that they may be a bit behind I suppose.
Bad thing is that I have now had to advertise them in our local paper (would love to keep at least one but with having taken in Geoffery, the stray that my mum found) I am a bit over run to say the least.
the advert is in tomorrow..... so..... maybe no kittens by the weekend.
They have in turn given us untold mess, heartache and in turn joy, not saying I would go through this again but to see them all now is worth it.

yvonne
05-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, talk about gone in 60 seconds!
All six kittens went in pairs between 5 o clock and ten past. I had told callers I wouldn't be in until 5 and was a little late at just before 10 past, by which time my daughter had had to deal with people coming early so they didn't miss out!
Now the 'phone is ringing off the hook and I have got the ad in for another two nights!
Glad they have gone in pairs though.
Geoffrey is sulking good and proper, Mum just looks releived.
Yvonnex

Mags
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Pleased to hear the kittens have all gone to good homes Yvonne....and extra pleased to know they have gone in pairs:D

It is sure going to be a lot quieter in your home now!!:lol:

I hope Geoffrey gets over his sulks soon!;)

Kazz
05-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm glad the kittens went in pairs, were all of the people wanting pairs, hope Geoffery doesn't feel too lonely for long sure he'll get over it though.

Karen

yvonne
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I feel happier that they went in pairs, and nice pairings they seemed to go in if that makes any sense. I only saw one couple my self but they seemed very nice and Bryony said that the others were ok too, asked lots of questions etc. which I would expect them to.
It is sooo quiet here tonight (even with 4 big cats left) even the teenage interloper gave in and went home to parents after 5 weeks! it seems so strange to be able to put your feet down without looking what's under them.
Geoffrey is continuing to come away at weekends with us but I don't know how long that will continue as soon it may not be caravaning weather shortly and I will have to think about letting him out soon.
I have thought about getting him some sort of harness? (is that the right word?) but not sure if that would be right for Geoffrey or me to be honest.
Yvonnex

alexgirl73
05-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Look on the brightside Yvonne. A LOT less litter cleaning to do! lol.

yvonne
05-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Look on the brightside Yvonne. A LOT less litter cleaning to do! lol.

hmm, 3 big grown up cats, Geoffrey the teenager, I real teenager, 1 20 year old,
plus boyfriend(hers not mine) most of the week and a 50(aged) plus partner? not quite so quiet.
Still seems awful without them though!
They all have my 'phone number to call if they have any problems and they all know where we live if they need anything or if they change their minds. Downside is that I also have theirs and am having to fight off that awful mother feeling of ringing to ask if everything is ok
Yvonnex

Sweet
06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Awww bless, glad they went in pairs to keep each other company x

dandysmom
06-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Harness training isn't all that difficult; 5 of the 7 cats I've had were leash-trained and took to it quite well. If you have any questions, PM me, I'd be glad to discuss it!

Kazz
06-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Well I tell you something if you have a contact number for any of them, then maybe Saturday I would ring and ask how they kittens ar settling in my mind if I had taken kittens and someone rang and asked I would be well chuffed knowing I had that little bit of support and realising the people who "owned" Mom was so caring. Nice touch.

Karen

dandysmom
06-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Good point, Kazz ! It works both ways too; when I got Dandy I called his breeder regularly with progress reports; we got to be good telephone friends even though I'd never met him. Was quite sad when he died of a heart attack a few years back.

Kazz
06-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Yes it does work both ways I agree when I got Cleo and Oscar from the rescue lady I said I'd keep in touch as you do, sent a christmas card the first Xmas with a picture in and a little note saying how they were getting on.
The woman was overwhelmed it seemed not many people did what they said - so I started to send a card every year along with picture or two and a little note saying how they were getting on.
She sent a card in return.
Carried on for many many years then one Christmas no card but a letter shortly after from her husband saying she had died but she had pictures of Oz and Cleo amongst their own cats pictures, and was always deeply touched I kept in contact. Odd how something so tiny meant so much - now I exchange Xmas cards with her hubby.

dandysmom
06-10-2006, 09:31 PM
That's touching! I never spoke to the lady I re-homed Patches from but did send a Christmas card & picture for years and always got a response...except last year when I didn't!! Looked her up in the phone book & on line & couldn't find a number. She was older than I; hope nothing has happened...you do wonder.......

yvonne
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Harness training isn't all that difficult; 5 of the 7 cats I've had were leash-trained and took to it quite well. If you have any questions, PM me, I'd be glad to discuss it!

Thanks I will when I figure out how to do it!
I never seem to have more than five minuets to spend on here these days but I really would like to do this with Geoffrey.The other cats were here in situ when I met my partner (he came complete with caravan, I always hated them before) and I couldn't see any of the others taking to it. But my partner knew a 'caravan' cat years ago and we have met some on our outings, but..... I'm just too scared to let him go and trust him to come back again, at the same time I can't just take him away and expect that he spends all his time in the van now he is getting older.
Should I wait until he is neutered before trying a harness?
Yvonnex