PDA

View Full Version : How did your cat get their name?

Kazz
24-09-2006, 05:43 PM
How and why did you choose your cats name?

Mags
24-09-2006, 05:53 PM
No particular reason......I just liked it!:smt102

Donna
24-09-2006, 05:58 PM
My children chose Chloe and Misty's names!

CathyW
24-09-2006, 06:16 PM
well ronnie n reggie proved they where a bit *naughty* when we first got them, plus they where real mummys boys (still are LOL) and they where theiveing murdering pair of little thugs they lived up to their names,
got a\bit better behaved now.

Mags
24-09-2006, 06:35 PM
How and why did you choose your cats name?
How did you choose Cleo and Oscar's names Kazz?

alexgirl73
24-09-2006, 06:36 PM
See my catpage for explanation!:D

Emm
24-09-2006, 06:40 PM
my OH had never had any pets before so I let him choose. He teaches TaiChi so he named Lao Tzu, Confucious and Mencius after the Chinese philosophers of the same name and Professor is named after the man that started the TaiChi form that he teaches and practises - Professor Cheng Man Ching.

I named the dogs ...:lol:

Kazz
24-09-2006, 06:51 PM
How did you choose Cleo and Oscar's names Kazz?

Do you know I don't really recall :roll: but I think it was because Cleo looked so feminine and daintyCleo suited her down to the ground as a kitten I think the other choice I thought of was Rosie but she became Cleo as soon as I saw her.

Oscar was called Flint :shock: foir all of 3 days or so but it did not suit him at all and he became Oscar :-D it suited him to a tee.

So I imagine I just liked the names like most people.

Hreow
24-09-2006, 08:17 PM
I picked the cat (well, he chose me, but I picked the breeder) so better half decided on the name - Rover. He has a sense of humour. :-D He lives up to the name as much as he can. Jumped a fence when BH was walking him and roved around the garden behind, much to BH's displeasure. Nothing that a piece of turkey couldn't fix. :grin:

dandysmom
24-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Scamper (ginger semi longhair, childhood cat) : named by me, age 6. Su-ling (sealpoint Siamese)" named after a charscter in a book I was reading. Sultan (Aby) because he was regal and dignified even as a kitten. Misty(dilute torbie): name suggested by a friend & it appealed to me. Dandy (Singapura): after his Massachussets birthplace...full name Yankee Doodle Dandy. Patches (tortie) : named when I got her. (Princess) Leia (dilute torbie): named when I got her.

whiskey
24-09-2006, 09:31 PM
well my dad named whiskey because he likes whiskey,stella the same reason,tammy i named as a child no real reason,breezer not quite sure ginge because he`s ginger,spike because he was forever puffing up his coat as a kitten when he was having a mad one ,tinker well her name says everything buddy because he was everyone friend and daisy because she`s my wild flower:D :D

random
24-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Kiara and Vitaani are from the lion king, Kiara means princess :mrgreen:

Vitaani is a lioness who had a bit of a rough start but turned out good in the end, and Vitaani had a rough start too, so it suited her down to the ground, whilst keeping in with the 'theme'.

By the time Nipper and Tucker came along, the remaining lion king names are all pretty overused, so I put up a thread right here on Catsey to pick out their names. :mrgreen:

I origionally thought I was having 2 girls, so it was going to be Tia and Maria, but one of them was wrongly sexed so I came home with Nip and Tuck, and I lengthened their names to Nipper and Tucker because it feels easier to call out 2 sylablles, and they just really suited them.

Tabs is called Tabitha, I chose this when I was about 8, because she is a Tabby cat, :lol:

Amanda
25-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Some interesting ways of naming your cats there :D

My daughters couldn't decide between Lara or Layla, and so after a few days, and watching her antics, I decided that katey suited her best (named after a book that I once read as a child - what katey did). Her previous name had been Kitty and her mum was called Cat, so Katey wasn't that different sounding if you know what I mean. She responded to it a lot better than Layla and Lara too (although I did like both those names also). So thats it in a nutshell.. quite uneventful really...

Sweet
25-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Violet - an elderly couple at the Vets suggested her name, on the very first day I had gotten her - she was tiny tiny tiny and 4 weeks old.

Mau Mau - came from the Dogs/Cats home and already named.

Vincent - me

Mabel - me

x