PDA

View Full Version : A kitten midwife-another talent, i discovered today!!

Luke
15-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Remember the tortie that had adopted my aunt was pregnant again...well it was far too far to abort by the time she had returned to my aunts house-so the vet said it was best let her have this litter then get her done ASAP afterwards-not ideal in any case but there was little that could be done apparentlly.
Well today we were visiting to drop off some step ladders-during our visist Megan (as she was christned) went into labour...firs kitten was a wee tortie came out with ease (i was shocked though-havent seen the miracle of birth in all its gore in a long time!) but the next one..next one she had trouble with..it came out halfway then was seeminglly stuck-and as hard as she pushed nothing! So..i volunteered to do the honours-reached for a surgical glove from the box and eased the little one into this world-a extremelly large and podgy ginger who took some vigorous rubbing with a towel to get going!!, who was then followed by another tortie.
That is, seeminglly, the whole litter-and you know the marvellous thing-all kittens already have homes!
Megan's appointment was made this evening, after speaking with the vet apparentlly-and he said to my aunt, he wants too see Megan in about 5 weeks time (providing the kittens are fully weaned) to see her condition-and if all is good, she will be speyed then. So it would seem all has ended well...
But yes i was quite proud of myself-not everyday you can say you helped life into this world!

Mags
15-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Well done Luke!

Can you get some pics of the kittens and mum.....we'd love to see them:D

Luke
15-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Well done Luke!

Can you get some pics of the kittens and mum.....we'd love to see them:D
Indeed i shall i will be going up over the weekend armed with camera too see the little uns.
Megan coped very well...was very 'on the ball' with everything-but when the ginge came along-she did try with the licking etc, but it wasn't acheiving anything-so i stepped in with my towel! Was a nice feeling to hear him (i think he looked like he had plums!) take a squek!

Kazz
15-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Three is a nice number and glad all is well, but I do hope they get her spayed it can't be good for her having a litter straight after litter.

Karen

Luke
15-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Three is a nice number and glad all is well, but I do hope they get her spayed it can't be good for her having a litter straight after litter.

Karen
Oh Most definatley-and had they had their way these little uns wouldn't have been here...but she scarpered off and dissapeared not long after the last ones were rehomed-then she appeared and kept going away etc..but this time she will be kept in until she has been speyed and recovered:)

dandysmom
16-09-2006, 02:05 AM
Good for you, Luke, you should be very proud of yourself!! Looking forward to mum & kitten pics!!

Donna
16-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Well done LUke - dont forget the camera!

dinahsmum
16-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Well done!
Hope mother and babies are all doing fine.

Ruthlynn
16-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Aaaw well done Luke!!:D

Moli
16-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Well Done Luke....Looking forward to seeing mum and babies...

Sweet
16-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Congratulations on the new babies - cannot wait for the pics x