PDA

View Full Version : cat insurance

kelz
15-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Hiya, I am trying to find some good cat insurance, I haave dog insurance but for some reason never got my cats insured.
They are domestic short hairs, I am having problems finding insurance as one of my cats was born with a heart mumor and she has never needed any kind of treatment up to date... so are there any insurers that will not penalise me for the cat being born with it?

I was reading the small prnt on pet plan, it says that it will pay out for any illness including defects and abnormalities that your pet was born with, then later on it says it will not pay out for any illness that has shown clinical signs before the cover started, so I am confused LOL.
Tetley has never shown any signs of being ill other than it being picked up on by the vet at checkups?

so would this cover be ok, say if later on in her life she needed treatment for it?
also do petplan have the option of insuraing 2 cats together?

Mags
15-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Sorry I can't answer your question, I haven't got Pet Insurance for Cassie. However I'm sure someone will be along with an answer for you though...:)

Meanwhile, maybe you would like to have a look at this thread from earlier this year...... http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=12420&highlight=cat+insurance

Hreow
16-09-2006, 04:35 PM
That means that anything that the cat was born with will be covered if it hadn't been discovered before your cover started. If you know your cat has hip-problems before you get the cover, then that's not covered. If your vet discovers a congenital hip-problem after you're insurance has started (and usually that date plus at least a week or two), then that *is* covered, because you couldn't have known.
And the usual "I am not a lawyer", nor even remotely connected to insurance professionally. :-) Ask the insurance-company what they mean when you call up to talk insurance (always best to have a person answer directly - get it backed up in writing), and look at their web-site as well as you can get cheaper insurance via the web than the phone at times. If you mention that it is cheaper on their web-page, they may give you that bonus as well.

kelz
16-09-2006, 07:15 PM
oh I see, so as Tetley was diagnosed with a heart condition as a baby she wont be covered for anything relating to that?

Hreow
18-09-2006, 07:39 AM
As I understand it, she won't, but do talk to some insurance companies and ask if they have policies where they will insure you. I'd imagine it depends on the heart-condition as well.