PDA

View Full Version : A New Friend

Donna
14-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I have been having regular visits from a new friend at the office:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DSC05452.jpg

She is a little kitten that lives in a flat above the shops on the High Street. She is owned by a single young mum who is being chucked out the flat as she cannot pay the rent :cry: This poor kitten is supposed to be an indoor cat according to her owner but spends all day in our office or in the car parks and rooftops out the back which leads onto a busy main road.

She is not microchipped and has no collar :cry: . The owner would not be able to afford jabs and she has not mentioned getting her speyed.

What am I to do? I want to just get her in a box and bring her home and look after her, but my colleagues say I cannot do that:cry:

She is the sweetest little kitten I know.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DSC05457.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DSC05458.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/donnamcg/DSC05459.jpg

She laid on my desk for a good time today having a sleep and playing with my computer mouse and telephone wire :-D

Kazz
14-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Hmmmmmmm box sounds like a good idea.

Mags
14-09-2006, 09:10 PM
She is a very friendly little kit Donna.

If her owner is being thrown out of her flat and she can't afford to look after the cat properly, is there any chance you could speak to her and offer to look after the cat yourself? You never know, she may jump at the chance;)

Donna
14-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I have hinted at this Mags. She knows I love cats and have my own two. Emma was with me in summer hols and was all over her so she knows how much we love her.

Kazz
14-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Whats her name? in the 4th picture she looks like she should be called Sparkle as her eyes really do.

Sweet
14-09-2006, 09:16 PM
She is a beauty x

Donna
14-09-2006, 09:16 PM
She is called India, Kazz.

Kazz
14-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Suits her. India very nice hope she has a happy life.

CathyW
14-09-2006, 09:20 PM
shes lovely. such a pretty little girl.

dandysmom
15-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Have you asked thr young woman who's being evicted what her plans are for India? Maybe she'd let you take her while she settles...that busy road worries me,,,,,,

Donna
15-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Its not just the busy road that worries me, but am as concerned as everyone else here. Just dont know if it is my business to do something about it.

dinahsmum
15-09-2006, 08:50 AM
............ and that she's not spayed - more kittens soon, if not.

Rosie
15-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Surely if this woman is being evicted she should be more than happy for you to take this little kitten.

yola
15-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Donna - if I were you, I'd make it my business!! The problem is, if you mention it to the woman upstairs and she refuses to let you take her, you've kind of laid your cards on the table as far as your intentions go. If the cat then goes 'missing' you'll be the 1st port of call!

My gut instinct would be to go the cardboard box route and then just shrug your shoulders if the woman comes asking about the cat; maybe even be a bit indignant with a well-placed 'I told you so'!

Maybe others might have a more 'compromise' solution?

Donna
15-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Not seen her today so far. Still thinking what to do...

Mags
15-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Do you know when the woman has to move out of the flat Donna?

Moli
15-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I agree with Yola, If it was me the kitten would disappear....

Donna
15-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I dont know how long she has there. It was her boyfriend renting the flat but he has walked out on her and the baby so she is not technically the tenant. She was offered a house by the council but that didnt happen for some reason so she is just sitting in there rent free at the moment.

I dont think she will let me take the kitten and my colleagues think it is wrong as they call it "stealing" so not sure how I can do it without getting caught out.

tilly
15-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Try and say that you have a good friend who pop into the office and was really taken with her cats and you were wondering if she would part with it. That way it seem that she is doing you a favouir the cat get a good safe home and you know that it is safe. I know it might be a lie but then she would be safe. Or you could just ask her if she would like you to take care of India whilst she is looking for somewhere. Or suggest that you have/rehome her. I wouldn't just take her as she might call the police on you if she finds out. Mean time try and keep her in the officewhere she will be safe.

Best of luck let us know what happens

Sally

Moli
15-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Do you have a pal who is as cat daft as you Donna, maybe they can help you out?

Donna
15-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Do you have a pal who is as cat daft as you Donna, maybe they can help you out?

Dont know anyone who would want her TBH Moli. Didnt see her all day today and am worried - so many dangers around our office - and such a baby to be left wandering.:(

Moli
15-09-2006, 06:03 PM
I cam imagine how you feel Donna, wish I was nearer to you, I would soon whip her!

Donna
24-09-2006, 07:55 AM
I am very upset to say that I found out last night that the kitten has disappeared.

I am hoping someone with more guts than me has taken her and given her a loving home. The other option is not something I wish to think about.

So wish I had done something.

dinahsmum
24-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Right.
Wish no 1 - she is happy in a new home
Second choice - she is temporarily away. That means when she returns you can nab her and take her off to Cats Protection. No-one will suspect you.

alexgirl73
24-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that when you go into the office tomorrow she appears (then youjust make her disappear again)

Mags
24-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Don't give up hope Donna, she may still turn up...........unless you know definately the girl has got rid of her:(

dinahsmum
24-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that when you go into the office tomorrow she appears (then youjust make her disappear again)
.......... and first stop is the vet for spaying, because if she does reappear she has probably been off somewhere for a dirty weekend and if you don't act swiftly there will be another generation of unwanted kittens. :?

Moli
24-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Here's hoping she has found a lovely new home...

Donna
24-09-2006, 10:46 AM
If she reappears I am just grabbing her and putting her in a box. Regardless of what my colleagues and Manager says. I hesitated before as they said it was stealing. I should not of listened to them. Feel gutted.