PDA

View Full Version : Clementine's new pal..

Luke
11-09-2006, 10:21 AM
One of the neighbours from t'other end of our block on the cul-de-sac have gottan a charming little tabby kitten..well they did in July..so he is about 4 months old now and a true charmer. He tends to wander around a fair bit causing havoc and hutning (true tom cat!) but today i noticed him in the back garden which was strange as we never get wandering cats in as they are scared of the dogs (despite them being utter jellyheads when it comes too felines) and Clementine doesn't let them feel the sand between their toes for too long...but anyway, this kitten was sitting in one of the bushes at the far end of the garden..so i went to investigate, and lone behold who should be lying there next too him-m'dear Clementine. Most odd that a very feline intolerant cat would be so calm, collected and happy about being around this young tabby, i thought.
Apparentlly, neighbours have said they've actually seen them playing together when out and about and Clementine taking him offskies on her travels.
Did really make me wonder whether she actually does miss the company of another feline...she is such a dear cat and i remember when Elsa was young and started tottering out, Clementine used to try and take her offskies on her travels, and play and teach to hunt etc, but due to Elsa's behaviour it just never happened-bit sad really.
So do you think she could actually be missing a feline companion?

dinahsmum
11-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Don't know. Clementine seems a happy, well-adjusted girl. Maybe she just likes visitors? I've had cats in the past who appeared content to sit with other cats when they entered our garden.

Naomi
11-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Maybe she's happy with this little one cos she know's he's got another home to go to and can get away from him when she wants to.

A bit like grandparents with grandchildren.....they are great but they can hand them back when they get too much :D

dinahsmum
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe she's happy with this little one cos she know's he's got another home to go to and can get away from him when she wants to.

A bit like grandparents with grandchildren.....they are great but they can hand them back when they get too much :D
Well put Nae! :)

borderdawn
11-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Well put Nae! :)
Yes thats just what I was thinking, I like to see my neices and nephews, but am equally glad to say goodbye!
Dawn.

Mags
11-09-2006, 03:52 PM
It sounds like Clementine is enjoying the company as she is under no pressure Luke:D

Sweet
11-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Clementine is enjoying his company - get some pics next time ;) x

Kazz
11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Cleo and Oscar have often had visitors and no raised a paw at them. She seems happy enough Luke good for you raising a well adjusted cat.

Karen

borderdawn
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Scooter here has a following. Firstly there is a young black Cat, then there is the two Cats from the end house, and finally the Ginger one from a few doors up. When I call Scooter (he is the only one that goes out the garden) I often get 5 Cats! They all walk as far as the steps then stop as Scooter continues into his domain.
Dawn.

Kazz
11-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Is Scooter related to Ninja in anyway do you think Dawn???

dandysmom
11-09-2006, 08:52 PM
It is odd that she was so territorial before and now accepting of the little tom,,,maybe a latent mothering impulse? Maybe she just likes him for some reason...enjoy...and get pics!!!

Moli
11-09-2006, 09:58 PM
She has found herself a pal Luke, just make sure she doesn't bring it in for its dinner, thats how I have ended up with Chancer!:roll:

borderdawn
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Is Scooter related to Ninja in anyway do you think Dawn???
You never know Kazz. :D
Dawn.