PDA

View Full Version : The truth.

Kazz
10-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Finally in the post about finding Naomi's Ginge a home I have spoken the truth finaly. Its something I don't think I had admitted until now even to myself, so this is a posted after a little bit of soul searching; hope you don't think the worst of me for it.

This is what I posted;

"But to be honest I use her as an excuse because saying Cleo would be unhappy, the truth is I would be, while Cleo is pottering around the house, in my heart there are two cats here.

"Regardless of what I say (ie don't tempt me etc) my heart is filled by the two of them Cleo and Oz and they will stay there; until the time comes to move on.

I am a "one cat woman" or should that be a "one pair of cats woman" my cats never asked for it but they have a home forever and thats how it will stay. Soft maybe but thats me."

So as you can see I have been telling you all fibs mind you I have been telling them to myself too. I have Cleo and she is mine she may not mind another cat coming in (but she'd hate a new owner) and I look at it like that she wants no one but me and I want no cat but her.

But understand this fully when her time has come I will take the correct action as she come first always will do. And then another cat/kitten or possibly even two will be warmly welcomed into this home and maybe even more importantly than that; my heart.

Karen

Moli
10-09-2006, 10:35 PM
I can understand how you feel Kazz, having your cats for such a long time, they are both part of you, as Cleo and Oscar came to you together, its understandable you still think of them both.....

Mags
10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I fully understand what you mean Kazz, you carry on as you are going........

Amanda
10-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Kazz, there was no need for you to post this as I'm sure we all knew what you meant. Oscar is still very much part of your life, if not in body, he is in spirit and will be for many years to come, Chloe is and will always be part of you and also Oscar, so maybe its best that it stays that way...

dandysmom
11-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Amanda's right, you didn't need to post this, but it was very sweet of you to do so...don't think of it as "fibs", please...sometimes it's difficult to understand our inner motivations. I'm not expressing this very well...I think you'd be more upset than Cleo adding a new member to the three of you...am I msking any sense? Go with your heart!

borderdawn
11-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Think bad of someone for telling the truth? NEVER!
Dawn.

yola
11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Kazz - you must follow your heart. Don't apologize because I think part of this 'I want one; I don't want one' is 'therapy' in terms of your own coming to terms with what you actually DO want . . . if you understand what I mean.

I don't consider it a fib - but just you going through your thought processes concerning taking on another cat and whether it's right for you and Cleo because only you truly know that.

dinahsmum
11-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Understand exactly Kazz. It's a big decision to take on a little fluffy - perhaps for another 20 years+ (eek!) - so you need to be sure it's the right decision.

Naomi
11-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Cleo and Oscar have far surpassed the expections of anyone and to wait till Cleo has passed is the best. She's happy with just you and the girls and that's how it should stay.

Kazz
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Thank you all Yola you are smack on I think you are all saying the same but Yola put it into the right words - word's I tried to find "I think it is like therapy"

And Namoi she is happy with me and the girls. Although I think at times she'd be happier with a little more sofa - in the colder months she is happier they are around.

Karen

Kim
11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I agree with the others, that there was no need to post an apology. I totally understand where you are coming from. It has to be 'right' for you. when Ben & Daisy died, I so missed having a dog and went out very quickly and got Caleb. Although I do love him now, I realise it was the wrong decision, it wasn't any dog I wanted but Daisy & Ben. Sorry, didn't mean to invade your thread, but to illustrate that I empathise!