PDA

View Full Version : Wish me Luck!!

Donna
04-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Well my children go back to school tomorrow and I am dreading getting Sean up...

He doesnt want to go, hates school, is moody and unco-operative. It will be a major strategic operation in the morning to get everyone where they need to be for the right time!!!

Have planned it all tonight, with uniforms all prepared and in the right place, bags packed, lunches made and in the fridge.

So all I have to do is get him out of bed :roll: :roll: :roll:

borderdawn
04-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Good luck Donna!!
Dawn.

Kim
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Hope it all goes to plan Donna. I really feel for you if your son hates school so much. Here in Leicestershire schools went back last Thursday.

dandysmom
05-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Good luck! Never having had a child I can only imagine the difficulty of getting a reluctant teenager up.....play some very loud musiic that he hates on the CD player...??? :-D

Moli
05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Hope you manage to gert him to school...
poor boy, it must be difficult for him going back...

Naomi
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Hope your plan worked and everyone got to the right place at the right time.

My little brother was a nightmare to get ready for school, he was dislexic (sp) and it was a real struggle. It didn't help when he was bullied all the way through school because of his problem :( He hated school and would pull every trick under the sun to stay home

dinahsmum
05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi Donna. I know it's not easy raising kids and I know your circumstances , but I just throw out these ideas in a 'look at it, take it if you want, reject it if you want, it might just help' sort of way. Not casting myself as an expert on teen psychology.
Isn't a lot of Sean's trouble to do with his feeling of self esteem/self worth? Is there something he could do to improve it - either in a very masculine way - judo, tai kwan-do, football, rugby, ACF/ATC, the 'traditional male pursuits; or else something completely off-the-wall, which would be his own thing, his quirky area, 'yes, not everybody does this but I'm me, I'm happy inside my skin' etc etc. Bit stuck here but maybe go quite the opposite to the stereotyped male ... voluntary work with the elderly or disabled, helping with an animal charity, dance, drama ......

Just a thought.
Good luck

Sweet
05-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Hope today went well x

Donna
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi Donna. I know it's not easy raising kids and I know your circumstances , but I just throw out these ideas in a 'look at it, take it if you want, reject it if you want, it might just help' sort of way. Not casting myself as an expert on teen psychology.
Isn't a lot of Sean's trouble to do with his feeling of self esteem/self worth? Is there something he could do to improve it - either in a very masculine way - judo, tai kwan-do, football, rugby, ACF/ATC, the 'traditional male pursuits; or else something completely off-the-wall, which would be his own thing, his quirky area, 'yes, not everybody does this but I'm me, I'm happy inside my skin' etc etc. Bit stuck here but maybe go quite the opposite to the stereotyped male ... voluntary work with the elderly or disabled, helping with an animal charity, dance, drama ......

Just a thought.
Good luck

His father forced him to do karate for years to "toughen him up" and he HATED it.

He is in a local football team which he doesnt seem to enjoy unless he is playing well or scores a goal.

He wont do anything for me let alone anybody he doesnt know.

He thinks drama and dance etc are not for "real men".

ANYTHING I suggest is not good enough but thanks for the ideas!!! Keep em coming - there might just be something he would approve of (but I doubt it!)

dinahsmum
06-09-2006, 08:31 AM
:roll:
Tapestry or pigeon keeping then! :shock:

Can you think of anything you can do together involving a group of other people - as mixed as possible?

Donna
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Cant think of anything at all!!!

He is the most negative person I have ever known!!!

Any situation - he sees the bad in it. Never the good.

(Sorry to appear so negative myself but thats the way he is!!)

The only interest he has is football and he is quite into his music as any 14 year old would be and he likes cars!

Moli
06-09-2006, 10:03 PM
What is it with men!! wanting to toughen their sons up! He will find his place Donna, sounds very like a typical 14 year old to me!