PDA

View Full Version : Cant believe this!!

Booktigger
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Just been doing the weekly grooming, and as all the stuff was upstairs, i dragged Ginger up here, and was trying to clean some poo off his tail, and tried to hold him like a baby to do it, and as he was trying to disagree his claws caught my face, one on my cheek, and one so incredibly close to my eye, it hasn't drawn blood, as I had just clipped all of his claws (fortunately) but it is sore at the moment. Have put some disenfectant on it, but I bet I am going to get questions for a few days. And the even daftest part is that Ginger is the most docile cat I have ever owned!! Think i better start taking notice of his growling.

CathyW
03-09-2006, 06:48 PM
ouch mega hurt, have u had all your tetnus shots???

dandysmom
03-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Thank God it missed your eye!! Must really smart...(((hugs)))

Sweet
03-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Big Ouch! x

Donna
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Hope you not feeling too sore x

Booktigger
04-09-2006, 12:37 PM
It is incredibly sore today, and I am incredibly lucky, as it is only 1cm away from the corner of my eye (just got the ruler out!!), and I had clipped his claws. And strangely enough, I carried on wiping and brushing him, gave him his treats, and then looked to see where the pain was coming from!!! Fortunately I had a tetanus 4 years ago when my first cat bit me - didn't feel like a good thing at the time, but it is something that has been a good thing with fostering.

smithdouglaswood
04-09-2006, 07:55 PM
You poor thing, was he ok when you brushed him today?

You were lucky with your eye, have you put some antiseptic ointment or similar on?

Take care
Angie and the gang

Booktigger
04-09-2006, 09:16 PM
it was the holding him like a baby that did it, rather than the brushing - daft part was, that is how I had held him to clip his back claws!! Dont think I will try and do his claws, ears and fur all in one go next time!! And me being daft, I finished brushing him, gave him his treats, and then looked at my face. But bless him, he was sat on the corner of the street tonight waiting for me!! It is still incredibly sore, and the only thing concerning me is whether it was one of his back claws, as they were quite dirty, but he was objecting to them being cut, so I wasn't going to try and clean them.

Donna
04-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Just be more careful in future!!!! Seeing my Misty's paws and claws in full swing is enough to make me wince so can imagine how bad your scratches must be x

Mags
06-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Ouch! Glad he missed your eye.....