PDA

View Full Version : Update on Alfie

Rosie
29-08-2006, 11:15 AM
I posted a few weeks ago when I first got little Alfie. Well Alfie has settled in famously with the resident dog Holly and Rosie the older cat. He knows his place and seems to be loving every minute of it. He has total access to the outside because he cannot get to the road and there are large gardens and fields but he seems to stay within certain parameters. He has a hugh appetite and will polish Rosie's food off if she leaves any even before Holly can get to it!! If I put leftovers down for Holly be it Italian, Chinese, cake etc etc - yes you've guessed it Alfie and her both set about it. Having said that his tummy seems fine and he has plenty of exercise as he bombs round the garden all day no matter what the weather and he is growing like the proverbial weed.

Finally I have never had such a strong bonding with a cat before. Maybe it is because I live on my own now but whenever I am on the soffa or in bed my little baby Alfie is there purring.

sweetmimi
29-08-2006, 11:46 AM
aww sounds like the little one has settled in very well Some cats you do seem to be able to bond with more than others My Siamese was the same she lived to be 16 as well and would follow me around like a dog. She would play with the dogs and eat their food as well as her own. Nice though to have the love of a cat.:p

dinahsmum
29-08-2006, 12:05 PM
That sounds lovely!
I still like the name Huey - but he's your Alfie! :)

CathyW
29-08-2006, 12:15 PM
he sounds adorable :)

Sweet
29-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Awwww bless him, have you any pics? or have I missed them - mind is going LOL x

Rosie
29-08-2006, 02:56 PM
I have got some pictures that I will dig out and hope someone will post for me as I have said before I cannot do it because I am on line through work and the firewall will not let me access the places to post pictures. Unfortunately I am unable to view anyone elses either.

dinahsmum
29-08-2006, 03:23 PM
That's a shame you can't see everyone's pics Rosie - as well as post your own. I'll PM you an email addy and you can send some to me

yola
29-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm delighted Alfie is settling in so well. It's lovely too to hear that he's becoming your 'baby' and the two of you are becoming so close :D

dandysmom
29-08-2006, 08:00 PM
He sounds like a little sweetheart; wonderful that he's getting along so well with Holly and Rosie! And quite the appetite!! :-D

Amanda
30-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Thats wonderful News :D So glad that everything is going so well...