PDA

View Full Version : Little sweetheart

Booktigger
23-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Went to see our other fosterer on Sun, the vet rang her last week to see if she could take on a 6mo. Not sure of her history, but a farm kind of person took her to be pts. She has a patch of fur fairly grown back in the place it woudl be for a spay, they had tried to tip her ear but taken way too much off, and she has sort of tremors that make it tricky for her to walk and balance. She is a happy little soul though, she is eating, drinking, toileting, and the dogs love her, she obviously doesn't play, but I think when she gets older (she looks way smaller than a 6mo to me) then she will get better. Her name is Freya, and I will post pics later when I have them in photobucket.

yola
23-08-2006, 04:10 PM
BT - she sounds lovely. I look forward to seeing pictures when you have a chance to post them. It's so good when these cats, who on the face of it have a problem, get another go at a new, loving home :)

Sweet
23-08-2006, 04:31 PM
awww bless.....what does tipping her ear mean? Look forward to seeing the pics x

dandysmom
23-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Here in the States, tipping an ear is what the feral resscue people do when they have a cat vaccinated, spayed or neutered and released, It's so they can tell that this feral has been treated and released back to his/her colony, Don't know if it means the same in the UK, would be interested to learn!

Rosie
24-08-2006, 01:25 PM
This tipping is a fantastic idea. I think all cats (femals really) should have some way of identifying that they have been spayed so that if they find their way into rescues no further surgery is required.

Sweet
24-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Ah! thank you, I think perhaps you are right, seems a good idea to me x

Booktigger
27-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Hmm, i didn't get a notificaiton that people had replied to this!! Yes, ear tipping is the same, but isn't normally done to pets, only ferals. I do think that females should have some kind of tattoo done when spayed so if they end up in a rescue later in life, we know for certain if they have been done or not, it would save us having to hold them for a certain length of time to see if they come into heat or not.

Couple of pics - you cant really see her ear tip on these, but they took waay too much off. She is apparently doing really well now, she is getting less wobbly, I am hoping to go and see her tomorrow.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/untitled1.jpg

and with one of the fosterers shih-tzu's

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/untitled3.jpg

borderdawn
27-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Sweet little soul. I hope you can find the reason for the tremors.
DAwn.

Naomi
27-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Aww she looks so sweet

Sweet
27-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Awwww she is a little cutie pie - a mini Mau Mau x

Booktigger
27-08-2006, 08:29 PM
BD - I am not sure they will. It could have been something pre exisiting that was just made worse with the spay, but as she was taken to be pts after the event, we simply dont know. it could also be a reaction to the anaesthetic.