PDA

View Full Version : Bargain for your garden/outside

dinahsmum
21-08-2006, 09:48 AM
If anyone is looking for a source of heat in the garden (cooler autumn nights coming), Woolworths have reduced their electric garden heaters from £100 to £25.
Can't be bad!

Sweet
21-08-2006, 11:18 AM
What a saving........thanks for that tip x

yola
21-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Wot - patio heaters????? The tall ones????

I do want one of these actually . . . now I have a year-round garden I'd like to be able to use it!!!

dinahsmum
21-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Wot - patio heaters????? The tall ones????

I do want one of these actually . . . now I have a year-round garden I'd like to be able to use it!!!

Yes. Not a gas one, it's electric, with a lead and a plug, but it's on a pole, with a stand etc etc ..... I'll look for a pic and edit it in.

http://images.gonegardening.com/assets/product_images/45/quartzheater.jpg

yola
21-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for that DM. I really wanted the calor gas ones.

Az
21-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I want a gas one too :( you got me xcited then DM :lol:

(I'd be too scared with an electric one.... Rocky bites anything and everything!)

dinahsmum
21-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, we have one going spare! It's very bulky, awkward to move and costs a lot in gas. It's not terribly beautiful either - it's white and doesn't have a gas bottle cover ... I've tucked a wodge of willow screening around the bottle, which looks quite nice.

We've got some kind of whizzo electric one that sits high on the wall and emits , er, whatever, which only warms objects, not the air in between. So, if you sit in line of the rays you get warmed, the air in between doesn't

Here's a link. http://home.btconnect.com/ajsweb/patio-heater/patioheaters.htm

yola
21-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I have my heart set on one of those that you get in the trendy pubs (and the cafes in Italy during winter). I need it to be either brushed stainless steel or dark green enamelled . . .

Not asking for much, am I? :oops:

DM - if you have one of those knocking about in your back garden maybe we can talk??? ;) ;) ;)

Donna
21-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I dont go in my garden from September to May as its too cold!!!! Wont swap my radiators and comfy sofa for anything!!

dinahsmum
21-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I have my heart set on one of those that you get in the trendy pubs (and the cafes in Italy during winter). I need it to be either brushed stainless steel or dark green enamelled . . .

Not asking for much, am I? :oops:

DM - if you have one of those knocking about in your back garden maybe we can talk??? ;) ;) ;)

No - I wish!
I wanted the brushed or shiny steel too, but compromised. Which just goes to show that you shouldn't take second best - go for what you want!!!