PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma - advice please

Booktigger
14-08-2006, 10:01 PM
The rescue lady rang me tonight asking if I Could take on another cat (yes, she does know about Tiger, I only saw her on Thurs!!), the only reason she actually did ask me was that this cat is only 1, so there is a good chance she will be rehomed quite quickly. I really dont know what to do though - 7 cats would be a lot for me to do, esp as Tiger and MArtha have only growled at or batted the cats they have seen so far, and while I have the bathroom free, Ginger does like sleeping in there, and he is 15 on Sun, so dont want to upset him. All I konw is that her owner is moving to rented accomodation and can't take her, the rescue forgot to ask her how long we are looking at.

CathyW
14-08-2006, 10:42 PM
i really admire ppl like who can foster cats.well done u do a great job, pat yerself on the back from me.

dandysmom
15-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Isn't there anyone else who could take the new foster? Doesn't seem fair to poor Ginger to evict him...and you have a full house already...

Booktigger
15-08-2006, 07:40 AM
i have decided not to take this one on, it is sad though that I can't help. Also typical that I have wanted a tabby for ages, and get offered two in a week - but Tiger was the priority out of hte two. The rescue lady doesn't want to ask our other fosterer, as she lost two of her oldies about a week and a half ago.

Naomi
15-08-2006, 08:11 AM
It must be terrible to have to turn a cat in need away :(

Your other cats are a priority and if you know that there is going to be trouble then you did do the right thing by not taking her in. Hope she gets rehomed quickly

Booktigger
15-08-2006, 01:16 PM
It is hard saying no - and it isn't the first time this week. It was easier at weekend though, as I thought the lady was giving up too early (they moved 2 months ago, and she didn't think her cat woudl settle, so wanted to rehome him), so i managed to give her tips to see if it could work.

Amanda
15-08-2006, 04:35 PM
You did the right thing :D Knowing your limits is the hardest part of fostering and having to say no. Fingers crossed that the tabby does stay with his owner. Well done BookTigger :D

Jac
15-08-2006, 06:13 PM
You did the right thing. Your own animals must always come first. It's hard saying no, been there but at the end of the day you cant help them all (unfortunatly)