PDA

View Full Version : RTA outside my house last night

Naomi
11-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Was woken up by a couple of youngsters last night outside my house going 'My mum loves cats she'll know what to do' I looked out the window and it looks as tho they had run a cat over. It was meowing rather loudly and lashing out at them.

It was a black cat and I panicked thinking it was one of ours, I put my dressing gown on and ran down the stairs, unfortunately by the time I got to the gate they had already got the cat into the car and were about to drive off :(

I didn;t get much sleep after that worrying about whether it was one of ours or not but when I went to feed them at 6 this morning they were all there waiting for me. Moli & Salt sitting under a car, together :shock: We've not seen Pepper for a few days but the cat that the boys took was far too big to be Pepper and it didn't sound like Pepper either.

On a more positive note tho it was nice to know that youngsters do take responsibility for their actions. Not many of them would have stopped and made an effort to take an injured cat home with them. I just hope that whoever's cat it is makes a full recovery. I'm gonna keep my eyes open for posters just incase someone has lost a cat round here.

CJK
11-08-2006, 10:15 AM
oh I hope the poor cat is allright, but as you say at least they stopped. It makes a change for youngsters to care doesnt it.

Sweet
11-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Awwww poor kitty and poor owners.

I am so glad to hear the boys took responsibility and took the cat to their Mum to get Vet treatment x

janey83
11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Hope the cat is ok. Im glad they stopped and helped.

whiskey
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM
poor thing:( i hope its o.k:D

dandysmom
11-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Very glad it wasn't one of yours! Someone raised those youngsters well....hope the cat makes it....

Naomi
16-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Know who the owners are of this poor cat :(

It actually belongs to one of the dinner ladies at the local infants school. She was really upset when she came to thank me for phoning after she put an advert in the local shop saying 'Lost Cat'. I felt really sorry for her :cry: She lives just down the street from me.

She was taken to the RSPCA who were about as much help as a chocolate fireguard as usual :angry: They refused to go and collect the cat, then they got the lady who had been given the cat by the lads to go to the end of her street so they could take her. The poor lady didn't have a cat carrier so put her in a cool box but told the RSPCA not to put the lid on otherwise the cat would suffocate and the RSPCA collection officer refused to take her unless the lid was on :evil:

Unfortunately the cat, called Star, had to be PTS as her injuries were too severe. I have given the lady pick of the 2nd lot of semi's I'm due to have in in a couple of weeks time.

dandysmom
16-08-2006, 05:50 PM
What a sad ending, poor Star, at least people tried. Disgusted at the RSPCA! How sweet of you to offer the lady a kitten!

Kazz
16-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Sad to hear that. What do you mean the 2nd lot of ferals are you becoming a rescuer Naomi????? :)

Naomi
16-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I am not a great fan of the RSPCA at the best of times but this made me sick to the stomach.

Sort of Kazz but hopefully, now that i know I can let them go to new homes without getting too attached, I may progress to helping out rescue's

Kazz
16-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Smudgley will be pleased a new recruit with no imput :)

Sweet
17-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Poor Star x