PDA

View Full Version : Will a Tom cat try to mate with a spayed female?

Samz5
04-08-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm asking this because I have an unneutered Tom cat who keeps coming in the house to eat and unfortunatly for me spray.
My oldest cat Mitz is 14 and spayed and she usually doesn't like much fuss made over her but a couple of weeks ago when I was stroking her she got down into the 'mate me' posture with her head down and tail in the air, which is quite odd for her but she was shedding fur like crazy so I gave her a good fuss and pulled lots of fur off of her and she absolutly loved it, usually she likes a nice soft stroke and if you touch anywhere near her back end (past her shoulders) she hates it and bites. I thought at the time she just appreciates the de-furring because it was so hot but at the time and I wasn't sure if the 'stray' cat was male or female.
Now I know the 'stray' is an unneutered male it got me thinking... does anyone know if he could be trying to mate with Mitz?

yola
04-08-2006, 03:09 PM
I believe an entire tom will try to mate with anything, including a neutered male cat :shock: I've heard cases of 'cat rape'. Not nice :(

Even my neutered male has on several occasions tried to mount my neutered female . . . so I guess she must give off some odour/scent even when neutered.