PDA

View Full Version : A not so happy Clementine-any ideas?

Luke
03-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Well..since loosing Polly last week the other pets have all seemed to "find it difficult"..Florrie and Clementine have proceeded to pine for the old lass...Clementine has really gone "down in the dumps" she spends her day just sitting on the stairs gazing about...she eats little bits now and then..shes become very vocal and often spends an hour or so just mewing.
Last night we were sorting through some things and found some various old collars of Polly's..and Clementine sniffed them and it drove her nuts! Its sad to see how down she (and florrie!) is..Clems looked at Polly as ma since she came here when she was really young, so i guess that makes it worse.
So any ideas on things to do to cheer her up/get her back to normal?
Or will time just be a "healer"?

Moli
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
I had th same problem with Sam, when my previous staffie was PTS...She mothered Sam from the time he came into the house...He just moped about, yowled, just was not happy...It was not until we got Gypsy 9 months later did he pick up....They do grieve Luke, hopfully she will settle down again..Give her a big cuddle...

Sweet
03-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Luke give Clem a big hug from me please ((((((hugs Clem)))))) x

Naomi
03-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Awww poor Clem she must be wondering what is going on.

In the past what, 2 months, 2 'pals' have gone. First Elsa and now Polly.

I really hope she picks up soon Luke, it can't be easy for any of you there at the moment

dinahsmum
03-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I agree that they do grieve. I think the best is just to keep everything else as much the same as you can, for a little while. She will adjust.

Hreow
03-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Nothing wrong with mourning. Keep the rest normal and they'll come through. As will you. :-)

dandysmom
06-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Just caught this thread...yes, grieving is perfectly normal. Hopefully, it will ease in time .for all of you. Please hug Clemetine for me!