PDA

View Full Version : New arrivals

Naomi
25-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Well we got 2 new cats. Hubby's idea not mine.

A friend of ours came over on Saturday and mentioned that they are rehoming their pets due to moving back 'down south' at the end of the week but as they are gong into rented housing they can't take the pets. Last night the owners told us that there really was no other option left and if we hadn't taken them it would have been the final trip to the vets for the cats :(

They'd tried a few rescue places but they couldn't take them quick enough

We were originally only gonna have the little girl as she is not well (see Gingivitis thread in Health Section) but when hubby arrived home last night he also had the tom with him :roll:

This morning, boy do we know we have an unneutered tom in the house, phew he stinks, it's enough to make your eyes water :shock:

They are a lovely pair, black and white. Moli has been introduced to them, albeit rather vocal from Mol's, growling & hissing but the little girl completely ignored Mol's and the tom just sat and stared at Moli as if to say 'Yeah what you doing pip-squeak' :D

Moli's none too impressed at the moment but she's still talking to me so that's something :lol:

dinahsmum
25-07-2006, 08:54 AM
You know what the next thing is don't you? - PICTURES!
Good on you for taking them ... sounds like trips to the vet though. Have you got that car fixed yet?

Naomi
25-07-2006, 09:06 AM
The little girl has already been spayed fortunately. I've phoned the CPL so should hopefully be getting the forms in the post soon so we can have him done. Both are up to date with vacs aswell.

The car hasn't even made it to our garage yet DM :lol: Got the money on hand to spend on it just need the car here so it can be done :roll: Men, falmin' useless. Until then, I've comandered the red Vectra :D

yola
25-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Ah now, this makes sense!!!! I read the pictures thread before this one.

How good of you to take on these 2 little homeless kitties . . . and I agree, a smelly tom is not the best thing to have in your house. Best get him chopped as soon as you can :shock:

Sweet
25-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Great news......off now to look at the pics x

Kazz
25-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Not seen the pictures thread but does this mean you won't be getting the ginger kitten now then?

Karen

Naomi
25-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Kazz it's not decided for definate whether we are going to keep these two cats yet. We were only meant to be keeping the girl till she's a little better and the tom was going to a neighbours close to my mum.

Kazz
25-07-2006, 03:28 PM
You're gonna be a 4 cat household. Oh yes you are. ;)

Naomi
25-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Well I think it's only fair that I should get another cat as these 2 were hubby's idea not mine. So in effect he's got 2 cats and I've only got the 1 :D

My next door neighbour made me laugh last night when I told her about the new cats, she said 'You'll be called the Cat Lady before long' :lol:

Nicola
28-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Did the owners not particually care about them? After all they were willing to take them on a final trip to the vets:shock: Bit heartless me thinks:(