PDA

View Full Version : The Daftest way to get a cat

Jac
23-07-2006, 12:20 PM
I remember when I was about 10. My friends cat had kittens. I wanted one but my parents said no.
So what did I do? Told my friends parents It was ok to get one. I kept it in my bedroon without my parents knowlage for a week. Then my Gran came to stay (in my bedroom) and let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. I was made to take him back:cry: . His name was Felix. I hated the world and it's mother for a while after that. Funny I havent thought about that for ages.

Hreow
23-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I desperately wanted another pet, but I was living with my parents still and they had said "only one pet each, ever". I'd had a hamster, so no more pets for me. I conspired with my littlest brother, gave him some money to go out and get me a guinneapig for my birthday. Parents were *furious* with me for a week, then couldn't deny that he was cute and no bother ("but if you *ever* let his cage get dirty, he's *out*!!" must be in the parents' handbook... They all say the same thing. :grin:)
I was very glad to still have him when I moved away from home. Nice to have something alive to come home to, when you're used to having a whole family there.

Jac
23-07-2006, 06:39 PM
It broke my heart having to give him back, but it was to *teach me a lesson*. Made me look a right fool too:cry: . I couldnt do that to my kids if they wanted something so desporatly.

Snoof
23-07-2006, 09:19 PM
I got a rat the same way as you, Jac, only I asked the petshop lady to keep him for a week and then convinced my parents to let me go get him... That was before I found out you need to keep rats in (at least) pairs.

I think "The Daftest Way to Get A Cat" would be a great title for my autobiography, given recent events :oops: :lol:

Jac
23-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Snoof go for it;) :lol: :roll:

CathyW
23-07-2006, 09:41 PM
i tried the it followed me home mum can i keep it :lol:answer was always take it back to where u found it :lol: