PDA

View Full Version : What have you achieved by joining Catpages?

Mags
20-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Has Catpages helped you? Has it taught you anything?

For me, being a moggy owner, I have learnt a lot about various breeds of pedigree cats that I would otherwise have been quite ignorant about. I have seen lots of beautiful photos of your beautiful cats so I am now able to recognise a particular breed.

I have seen members litters of new kittens from birth to being rehomed......I have commiserated and shared their sorrow with those who unfortunately lost their precious pet.

People have been very willing to give help and advice when another member's cat has been unwell..........and when your pet is ill, that really means a lot...

I have 'met' a lot of lovely people here who are always ready to share their tips and advice with others...............I would never have thought of growing potatoes in a bucket!!;)

To me Catpages IS the friendly forum.....long may it continue!!

Moli
20-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I too have learned a lot since joining Catpages, seen pictures of cats I have never seen before, know there is always someone here if I want to chat....I never knew a thing about breeding cats,I do now...But the best thing about joining catpages is, I have made so many new friends...

Hreow
20-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I joined a community where I can feel useful, where I can go to moan, oooo! and aaaah!. Somewhere where there is almost always someone, and almost always someone who understands.

dandysmom
20-07-2006, 08:42 PM
A place where I feel comfortable and welcome; a place where people gladly answer my sometimes dunb questions, and have helped me learn so much; a place where I've seen so many beautiful cats and breeds I knew little about; a place where I felt good when I knew the answers to someone's questions (it's nice to feel helpful!); a place whose members posts of consolation when I lost Patches moved me to tears; and most of all, a place where I "met" people that I honestly thinkof as friends!!

CathyW
20-07-2006, 09:12 PM
ive found a lot of new friends, ppl i can have a laugh and joke with, can share my stories with, read their stories. ask for advice and get given good advice.
many thanx to you all

Kazz
20-07-2006, 10:25 PM
This place is the the Cheers of the internet world (remember "cheers" the TV programme about the bar where everyone knows your name!)

Well to me CP is Cheers whenever you log on someone always says "Hi" and even to my most "dire" threads some kind soul takes pity on me and always replies - Thank you.

Most of all, CP is a place where I've "met" people that I honestly now think of as friends!! and those members I have "met" in person have turned out to be exactly what I thought they would be "lovely people." Long may we all continue to be nice.

And I've also learnt there are more cats than there are homes and many thanks to people like Smudgley who are there to pick up the pieces.

As an added extra may I say without catpages I would not have 'met' Elaine and the mutual support we managed (I hope she feels the same) to offer each other during our 'battle' with CRF will be remembered me me for a long long time Thank you Elaine.

Donna
20-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I have "met" lots of friends who are always there for a chat. Always there when I am down. Always there when I want a laugh.

You have all helped me become a confident cat owner (novice), helped me make decisions regarding my cats diet and health.

You have all helped me in my garden with lots of good advice and ideas.

You have all helped me when I had a problem regarding my children.

YOu have all added a little bit more to my life :)

And not forgetting that because of EmmaG I am now ONE STONE lighter so my thanks go to Emma:-D

EmmaG
20-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I think for me Catpages is a place I can come and laugh, cry, find support and hopefully give a little in return.

It is the place and only place on the net I would feel comfortable posting any problems I have. You have all offered me great support with various things, job, painting, OH :roll: , my cats.

I also also been inspired by members such as Jac for her amazing strength in dealing with her homelife, Karen for her amazing courage with her health issues and how she would go out of the way to help anybody (oh and she sends really really nice bouquets of flowers :-D ) Donna for sticking to the low carb eating enough to lose a stone - MAN am I proud of her!!!!! and also for her mature way of handling her children and her ex, and all of the other members who although sometimes I don't always agree with, make Catpages what it is :)

A very nice place to be :-D

yola
21-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Do you know, I don't have masses more to add to all that's gone before? I just would like to add that I found it hard to adjust to the openness and friendliness experienced here as previously the cat forums I'd inhabited were at times sarcastic, hostile and very judgemental.

If anything CatPages has restored my faith in the kindness and compassionate nature that is present in all of us and I think it's made me a gentler person to. I now stop and think before I open my big trap and stick my foot in it ;) :-D ;)

Rosie
21-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Somewhere I can come and not be that "batty cat and dog woman". I would probably not have given Alfie a home had I not been on here and heard how other people interegrate their animals and to know that there is somewhere to turn if things are not going right. If, as I hope, Alfie has a long and happy life with us it will have a lot to do with belonging to this formum.