PDA

View Full Version : And this is what I do it all for.

Snoof
29-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I just watched House. During a break I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and make two mugs of tea (Matt is as addicted to House as I am :lol:), and am greeted by a little black boy meowing.

"Oh, is it dinner time?"
"Mrrrreooowwww!"

He's so incredibly talkative nowadays, compared to what he used to be - I suspect Sweep's loudness (he doesn't talk a lot, but he makes up for the quantity through volume) and Jigsaw's talkative loudness (can't shut her up :smt049 :lol:) have made a massive difference, although he did talk a little bit before they came along.

We talk for a bit as I get things ready for the tea and fill the measuring cup with dry food, and then...

A little white boy materialises in the doorway between the kitchen and the conservatory.

"Meow!"

Well then, that's me told. I fill the dry food bowl, get a pouch, and...

"Meow!"

Sweep sits in front of me and stretches his neck delicately so I can scratch behind it. He starts purring and meows a little quieter in a happy sort of half-chirrupy way.

Then, from behind me...

"Mrrrrooowwww?"

Uh oh. I reach behind me and find a little black head pushing against my hand. Strokety stroke, strokety...

"MEOW!"

:lol:

I had to put the unopened pouch down and scratch them both at the same time. Then Ninja squidged past me (a miracle, as Matt has put two binbags in the conservatory and he usually likes to be on the door-side of those when they're there :shock:) and he and Sweep sniffled at each other's faces whilst purring.

I empty the pouch, during which Ninja squidges past me again and them jumps over the binbags to get to the bowl-side again :shock:

And two purring little boys, eating from the same bowl.

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007

I'm so glad everyone's getting along. And I'm so glad to see the change this has wrought in Ninja. Sweep is also coming along nicely, but you know... Ninja... All that time and all that effort.

Time to laugh, once more, at all the people who used to ask me why I bothered, back when he was a lot shyer.

Oh, and two nights ago some friends were here and he allowed the bloke to pet him, too, despite never having seen him before (he was very wary though).

Edit: I thought about going and fetching the camera, but I thought it was more important just this once to report back with all the details and enjoy the moment for what it was :-)

CathyW
29-06-2006, 10:19 PM
isnt it lovely when that happens.:D

Moli
29-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Sounds like they have now become soul-mates....

Mags
29-06-2006, 10:28 PM
How sweet!!!

Jac
29-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Isnt it nice when it all works out:D :D :D :cat5

Fran
29-06-2006, 11:05 PM
So lovely that you have such a settled feline household :cool:

dinahsmum
30-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Don't know what to say except - WOO-HOO!
Gave me a little warm shiver reading that. Lovely

Hreow
30-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Absolutely right! Some moments are just for savouring as they happen.

What will you use for a hand when Jigsaw wants a piece of you as well? Or... don't ask? :-D

Snoof
30-06-2006, 12:31 PM
:lol:

Thanks everyone :-) It's really rewarding to see them all interacting so happily together.

And Hreow, she will let me pet her with my foot, so hopefully I can somehow make my toes be enough for her :-D

Kay
30-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Seems a proper little home from home for all concerned.

Hreow
30-06-2006, 06:42 PM
So... that means you can (eventually) send Ninja out to "borrow" a kitten. Provided you stay seated most of the time. :-)