PDA

View Full Version : cats protection survey

CJK
20-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Was just looking at CP website (looking to join) and I saw this survey called what your cat says about you.

It's about why you chose your cat, and has a serious side to it, helping CP understand why some cats get re-homed quicker than others.

wondered if anybody here would be interested in it

http://www.cats.org.uk/newsandevents/new_survey.asp

( i hope it's ok to post the link Az?)

yola
20-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks for that CJ. It is a valuable bit of market research, and I will do it as I think it gives useful insight into what triggers one to chose a particular cat.

Sweet
20-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Im going to read the forum here then go and take a lookie x

CJK
20-06-2006, 10:00 AM
it's really quick to sign up actually, and quick to fill in the survey!
If it can help then why not!

Hreow
20-06-2006, 10:20 AM
As I recall, that's for rescue-cats only?

CJK
20-06-2006, 10:24 AM
no the survey asks if your cat was a rescue cat, you can still complete for non-rescues.
The organisation itself is for rescue cats,if thats what you meant? ( maybe i getting a bit mixed up lol)

Hreow
20-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I did mean the survey. Thanks.

LMC
22-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Hmmm, think the age question (for the cat) is a bit rubbish - if they are adult rescues it is difficult to be sure.

It's also quite annoying to have to fill in your own information several times (once for each cat) - hope I filled it in the same every time :smt043:

Still, the reasons why people pick rescue cats will be v. interesting!

yola
22-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Hmmm, think the age question (for the cat) is a bit rubbish - if they are adult rescues it is difficult to be sure.

It's also quite annoying to have to fill in your own information several times (once for each cat) - hope I filled it in the same every time :smt043:

Still, the reasons why people pick rescue cats will be v. interesting!

Age? It's not always difficult. Only if a cat has been abandoned or feral. Most cats are handed in due to marriage breakdown/allergy/change of circumstances etc and their owners will be able to furnish both CP and therefore the new owner with age information.

I do agree about the form and having to repeatedly add information. There are easy ways to populate a form depending on what information is entered by the user (for instance - if you enter that you have 3 cats, additional fields appear to accomodate the information you'll need to input . . .all in one form)! I only filled in one form for the 1 rescue I have and not for the 2 bought from breeders.

CJK
22-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree yola tehy coudl easily ahve made it a suitable fomr for owners of mroe than one cat. But i dont mind if it can help them.

Was a bit annoying though I admit.

Naomi
22-06-2006, 12:30 PM
That was so quick to do.

As i only have the one cat it was really easy

LMC
22-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Age? It's not always difficult. Only if a cat has been abandoned or feral. Most cats are handed in due to marriage breakdown/allergy/change of circumstances etc and their owners will be able to furnish both CP and therefore the new owner with age information.
Must admit I didn't know that - is there anywhere on the CPL which gives "sources" statistics? Of my 4, one was bad home, no record of age as she was confiscated rather than handed in, one was marriage breakdown and two were strays - age can be approximated, but the form made me fill in months before it would accept - and even the exact age in years is a guess for two of mine.

yola
22-06-2006, 01:03 PM
What do you mean by 'source' statistics? Do you mean where cats to be rehomed by CP came from and why they're being rehomed? I think that info was in the last issue of The Cat (CP Members' Mag). I dont' have the mag any more though . . . sorry.

I did have to approximate the age of my cat. I know he's 5 now, but I don't know about exact months etc. I don't expect it's THAT critical that they have the exact age.

Snoof
22-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks for that, CJ! I just filled it out three times :-D

Fran
22-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Blinking eck it's taken me ages filling that out for each of my cats :shock: Looking forward to seeing the results :D