PDA

View Full Version : male or female

morrisonp
16-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi I'm a new member just wanting some advice

I am going to see some rescue cats tonight with the hope of rehoming one. I was wondering is there a major difference in getting or male or female e.g behaviour etc.

I have previously had a male cat and he was really well behaved and I am swaying towards getting another male cat for that reason.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated

Moli
16-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi warm welcome to Catpages...I, personally prefer boys, but have never had a girl, so can't be much help...

Mags
16-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/flowers/043.gif to Catpages!!

I hope you have success in rehoming a rescue tonight.....they need all the help they can get:)

I have had both male and female cats......both of them adorable and the only difference I would say is that Sam was a more affectionate cat than my present female Cassie.

I hope you enjoy it here.....please let us know how you get on tonight:D

Fran
16-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Warm welcome to Catpages. I have had many cats over the last 20 years or so. I find little difference between neutered males and females and find it really comes down to the individual cat's personality rather than the sex. One of the most affectionate cats in my house of 3 boys and 2 girls is infact a girl. Good luck with whatever you decide. We would love to hear how you get on this evening and well done you for giving a home to a rescue kitty :cool:

dinahsmum
16-06-2006, 12:23 PM
:smt039 Hi and welcome.

I agree with Fran - there are more differences within males and females than between them.
Good luck at the rescue - I'm sure the right cat will chose you! :)

Hreow
16-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Agree with the advice and the Welcome above! :-) May we please see then new cat when you have it?

Kim
16-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi and welcome to CP

I have had lots of cats over the years, both male & female and I would agree with the others that personality is down to the individual cat rather than the sex. Good luck, I hope you are able to re-home a desperate kitty as the rescue situation is dire right now.

Sweet
16-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi and welcome to Cat Pages x

Violet and Mau Mau wave a paw x

I have two girlies , so no experience with boys - Good Luck x

Kazz
16-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Good luck I have never found a difference between males and females, I would go by the cat themselves - the right cat whatever the sex will attract you and vice versa :-D

Good luck.

dandysmom
16-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I agree that it's the cat, not the sex...I've had 4 males & 3 females over my lifetime...I'm generalizing, but the boys tended to be slightly more demanding and adventurous...just slightly...and the girls a tad quieter and maybe a wee bit more cuddly...once again, not really much difference. Let the cat find you...you'l probably know when you meet her/him! Good for you taking a rescue kitty; please let us inow the results!!! And welcome to Catpages!

Kazz
17-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Hello did you find a cat that caught your eye?.

morrisonp
22-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi

I've seen a couple of cats over the weekend and as you say, you'll know if you find the right cat but unfortunately I didn't manage to find the right cat over the weekend.

The lady at the cat rescue place that I went to is going to keep me informed of all the cats she gets in, so hopefully it won't be too long.

I'm in no rush, I just want to find the right cat for me and the children as they are with you a long time

dandysmom
22-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Keep looking; good luck; hope you find just the right one!