PDA

View Full Version : over romantic with fluffy things

PurpleJackdaw
15-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Bo one of our cats has started to get very amorus over the last year with anything fluffy :oops: from cuddly toys to faux fur throwovers ,he was neutered at 6 months old and is now around 4 years old ,this problem seems to only have started the last year ,he is not interested in the other cats or anything else alive just fluffy cuddly things :oops:
Anyone any ideas why he is erm romantic with these objects or any similar experiance of a cat like this ?

yola
15-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Gosh, no experience of a cat with amorous intentions towards stuffed toys :shock: however my (well) neutered male, Balie, gets a bit 'frisky' this time of year, usually trying to mount my long-suffering and also neutered girlie, Fifi :roll:

Could it jut be a seasonal thing or does Bo do this all the time?

Fran
15-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I've no experience of this PJ :? Hope someone else can help..

PurpleJackdaw
15-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Gosh, no experience of a cat with amorous intentions towards stuffed toys :shock: however my (well) neutered male, Balie, gets a bit 'frisky' this time of year, usually trying to mount my long-suffering and also neutered girlie, Fifi :roll:

Could it jut be a seasonal thing or does Bo do this all the time?

Its been going on for the best part of the last year so its not just the season:?
At first he would treat the cuddly toys like a kitten looking for milk but now he is more erm frisky with them :oops:

dinahsmum
15-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Mmm, I've know cats 'kneading' and sucking on fluffy things but never seen one *ahem* humping like a dog. (Presume that's what you mean?)

DiddyDawn
15-05-2006, 02:22 PM
One of mine used to get amourous with teddy bears and they all had bald patches where he used to hold on with his teeth :lol: The vet gave him a female hormone to suppress his urges but it didn't really work although it did slow him down a bit ;)
If he's not doing any harm, I wouldn't worry about it ;)

dinahsmum
15-05-2006, 02:24 PM
One of mine used to get amourous with teddy bears and they all had bald patches where he used to hold on with his teeth :lol: The vet gave him a female hormone to suppress his urges but it didn't really work although it did slow him down a bit ;)
If he's not doing any harm, I wouldn't worry about it ;)

.....just hide your best teddy! :lol:

bobbie3917
15-05-2006, 02:56 PM
if you want him to stop spray him with watch when he does it

PurpleJackdaw
15-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Its quite funny but rather embarrassing in front of the kids ,he even tried to hump my daughters coat that had a fluffy trim to it :shock: :oops:
We often chase him off things when he starts (its not very nice watching tv with a cat trying to hump the couch throwover:lol: )
thankfully he hasnt done it in front of visitors

Donna
15-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I think thats funny!!! Just keep a water spray handy and soon he will stop!! My Chloe loves fluffy things but just kneads them and licks them rather than doing anything naughty with them!!

Elaine
20-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Bo one of our cats has started to get very amorus over the last year with anything fluffy :oops: from cuddly toys to faux fur throwovers ,he was neutered at 6 months old and is now around 4 years old ,this problem seems to only have started the last year ,he is not interested in the other cats or anything else alive just fluffy cuddly things :oops:
Anyone any ideas why he is erm romantic with these objects or any similar experiance of a cat like this ?

I didnt respond to this thread before because I had no experience of it, that was untill last night:shock: Bernie has found a fluffy toy he quite fancies, I think its all the frustration of not getting to bite Eva's bum:D Today he was showing her his winky but she is simply not interested in dirty boys:lol:
Have to say i found it very disturbing to watch, I hope he's not going to make a habit of it, we had friends round:oops:

CathyW
24-05-2006, 09:05 AM
im sure they do even more when u have company around, barnaby used to sit slap bang in front of our visitors and give his wotnot a darn good washing :lol: and getting all excited about it as well.