PDA

View Full Version : Card from vet

dinahsmum
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Had a 'sympathy' card from the vet today. Really nice, handwritten,
"It was realy quite amazing how profoundly xxxxx Tizzie's bloods were, yet there she was, responsive and purring. Treatment would not have been justified and would have stressed her, at the end of a good happy life. You've done well by her, though I know you will be very sad"
What a nice man - what cr*ppy handwriting! The missing word is quite short, probably starts with a 'd'. Must mean - high/bad/unusual/extreme.
No matter.
I think it's a nice practice (in both meanings of the word) though no doubt it makes good business sense too.

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
I had a sympathy card when Lucy was PTS. Man did I bawl my eyes out when I opened that, but it was a very nice thought :) and something I will always keep, together with the rest of her papers.

yola
12-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I had when Ferdy died just after his op. I do know that the staff were genuinly very upset - they were in tears when on the phone to me, and when Ken went in to see Ferdy (I couldn't), they were in tears then too.

However, my cynical marketing hat says that whilst it's a nice touch there is a big element of 'customer relationship marketing' going on there!

Nevertheless, it is comforting and I'm sure the sentiments are heartfelt.

CJK
12-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I had one too when maggies was pts, it is a very nice touch.

Hope your ok DM, it does take a while tof eel better about these things

Fran
12-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I got a card from the vets after Lucky was put to sleep. It was a heartfelt, handwritten very lovely card with a copy of the poem in it that has been posted on here many times before...

As much as I know it makes good 'business' sense for the practice to do this I have to say that I found it most comforting and I do think it was sent with genuine sincerity..

Naomi
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I didn't get a card when Tam was PTS but I know the vet was genuinely upset cos he was crying when he put the needle in her leg to let her go :(

Tom
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
wow i had to turn the song off i was listening to whilst reading this thread!

Its very nice to recieve something from the vets when your animal has just died, something to treasure.

Tom x

Donna
12-04-2006, 03:06 PM
I havent ever got to "that time" so cant offer any advice, only sympathy myself. It is a nice thought for the vets to send a card.

logoes
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I've never had anything like that from any of the vets where I have been over the years. Although I know when I had Harry pts in January my present Vet was upset, and when I went to collect his ashes the girls just didn't know what to say. He had been going in once a month for his heart/cancer checkups and times between for odd things, Probably getting on for 100 times altogether. Luckily he loved going to see them all. Logoes.

Kim
12-04-2006, 04:36 PM
I've never had anythng like that from any of the vets I've been to. I think it is a lovely touch, it might make good business sense, but a very kind and thoughtful thing nonetheless.

Jac
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I got one from my vet when Sasha was PTS. Although it opened up the floodgates. I hope your ok.
It is a nice touch, Take care DH

Sweet
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
A lovely touch, I have not had to got thro this as yet x

Snoof
12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I hope you're ok, DM.

Kazz
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Thats a really nice thing for them to have done and handwritten too, a very personalal touch.

Moli
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
My vets send cards too, I got one when I lost Sam...The only probl;em was it came a week after he died!

Kazz
12-04-2006, 08:55 PM
My vets send cards too, I got one when I lost Sam...The only probl;em was it came a week after he died!

Yes I got one after I had Oscar PTS, however I think I would have been more worried if I'd had one come before I had him PTS :roll: now that would have worried me.;)