PDA

View Full Version : two of my babies found new homes

CJK
26-03-2006, 10:19 AM
well, today we found a really good new home for two of the baby bunnies ready to go.
My son's friends parents came round and couldnt pick between two bunnies, so I said they could have them both (no charge) so they took them both. Just glad they've gone to a good new home, they have two other bunnies in another hutch and they are really well looked after. So I know they have gone to a good home, but it's odd having them both gone. Just so glad we know where they have gone. One baby left from that litter, and then the other two litters to find good homes for.

Hreow
26-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Now that's a *really* good start to the day! Must be easier to let them go when you know the people and it's not that far away.

CJK
26-03-2006, 12:07 PM
not far? i can walk it in under a minute lol. ryan goes there to play a lot so he can stills ee them, but it kinda sad seeing them go. LIke you say though, it good to know they gone to a good home

CJK
26-03-2006, 03:43 PM
JUst had a lovely young girl call round to look at the other bunny. Was a really nice eprson, and loved animals. The cats were all over her and the bunnies were too. So that is one litter all gone to good loving homes

Hreow
26-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Do the cats generally help you sort the chaff from the wheat with new prospective owners?

Snoof
26-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Good job!

And Hreow, when we were trying to locate a babysitter for my son I turned down a woman because my cat really didn't trust her with the baby :lol: I'm still glad I allowed him to decide - he was generally a really sociable cat, but very protective of the baby.

Fran
26-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Good news CJ that you have found the baby bunnies nice new homes...

Hreow
26-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Snoof: I can see that. You can always get a new/other baby-sitter. Upset the cat.... oh dear. :-)

CJK: How big are bunny litters? 3-5? Very breed dependent?

CJK
26-03-2006, 05:05 PM
yes it deopends on breed but also varies from mum to mum, anything from 1 to 11 or 12. Mine have all had 3-5.

ANd yes I do let the animals reactions to people help me decide what therye like, if th epets dont like people then I don't either. Animals KNOW good people from bad.

this last lady was chatting ages, and the cats lvoed her to bits lol. as i said even the bunnies did, and she didnt stop cuddling them lol

Snoof
26-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Snoof: I can see that. You can always get a new/other baby-sitter. Upset the cat.... oh dear. :-)
As it turned out, we didn't get another one :lol: But Dishrag (who loved pretty much anyone, even my loathsome mother-in-law) sat about two feet away from her and stared penetratingly the entire time my son was in her lap - even as her kids were stroking him, he wouldn't take his eyes from her.

I took it to be a sign ;)

CJ, I'm so glad you're finding people you like to take your bunnies!

Sweet
26-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Awwwww bless I am glad to hear that your baby bunnies from that litter has all gone to good loving homes x

Julie84
27-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Glad you are finding such good homes for your babies, must be very hard saying goodbye though.

random
27-03-2006, 11:03 AM
When I bred mine it broke my heart saying goodbye to the babies. They all went to very good homes, and 2 of them went to gether, the other was ging to be a huse rabbit. But I cried for a while after they left us :(

Naomi
27-03-2006, 11:05 AM
CJK that's fab news!!! It can be sooo hard trying to find good homes for pets

CJK
27-03-2006, 03:09 PM
It has beenr eally ahrd to see them going. two of them did go together, and the other is going to be living outside in a hutch, but being able to run about the house also.
Next litter ready in 2 weeks :-(