PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie. :-)

Hreow
24-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Found dogweb and deduced that there might be a version for cataholics as well. :-)

I live in Scotland with a better half and the reason for being here - the almost-eight-month-old kitten Rover (I picked the kitten (Official version, actually he picked me.) better-half picked the name.) My hobbies you can see on my page. I didn't include "cats" - redundant. :-)
Rover likes:
- being out on his lead (his sense of direction is worse than mine, something I didn't think was possible, and he's *terrified* of moving cars unless he's in it.)
- chasing and mauling vagrant leaves
- making snow-kittens (feline snow-angel) in deep snow
- bouncing off walls
- "helping" with everything from baking to posting
- fetching and carrying sticks and
- *food* (as long as it is not dry food - he fails to see that that is edible)
But for the "miaow", I'd be posting on dogweb... :-)
He's the first cat I've had from a kitten, I've always been owned by older cats. This has no doubt left me a better slave, having learned from the masters.

I'll be adding my tuppence'orth here and there from now on. You have been warned. :grin:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/Hreow/SomeHaveItMade.jpg

Fran
24-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Warm welcome to Catpages :D Rover is a gorgeous boy and sounds quite a character :-D Look forward to hearing more about him...

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Hreow
24-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Famous last words... :-) I have a collection of ears I have talked off already... :grin:

Thanks.

Warm welcome to Catpages :D Rover is a gorgeous boy and sounds quite a character :-D Look forward to hearing more about him...

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Mags
24-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi.. http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/flowers/043.gif to Catpages!!

Rover (love the name!) is a beauty and sounds quite mischievous!

I hope you will like it here, we are a friendly lot who chat about anything!!

Look forward to hearing more from you and seeing lots of pics of Rover!!:-P

Julie84
24-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Welcome to Cat Pages! :)

Rover is gorgeous and sounds like a right character! :lol: I've always said I thought my cats were part dog too! :roll: :lol:

CJK
24-03-2006, 08:43 PM
what mags means by saying we talk about anything, is they put up with my constant drivell about anything and everything lol

welcome to CP and hope you like it here

yola
24-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Cat Pages! Lovely to meet you and the adorable character that's Rover . . . has your BH got a warped sense of humour or something ;)

I think Rover might be the 1st abbysinian here (that I've seen anyway)

Talk away about him to your heart's content . . . we'll all just put the kettle on and listen :-D

Hreow
24-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Yola: My better half thinks he's a dog person. Had the idea that cats just sleep and are no fun. He's had a rude awakening. :-)

Oooo.... Rover *and* tea!!! You'll never get rid of me now! :-)

Julie, I'm glad there are more cats like him out there.
How about snow? When we had a foot-deep cover on the lawn, he would bounce straight in, paws spread wide. Flooomph! Cat-shaped hole with tip of tail sticking out. <sniff-sniff-sneeze> and out he'd bounce again. Rinse, repeat until *I* got cold paws and insisted we go in again. Wish I could have taken useable pictures, but the results were all just streaks and blurs - slow digital camera and rubbish behind it. :grin:

Rover's lovely (I have to say that, he's on my keyboard "helping" :-)). Gentle, sweet, funny and just like every cat he's the cleverest, most handsome creature ever; And completely bonkers, but he'd have to be to fit into this household.

dandysmom
24-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Welcome...this is a great friendly site...I had a marvelous Aby for 12 years, they are wonderful cats, scarily bright, adventurous, feisty & well aware that their ancestors were Sacred Cats in Egypt!! Rover is gorgeous! More pictures, please!!

bobbie3917
25-03-2006, 12:10 AM
hello and welcome

Donna
25-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Hell and Welcome

Rover is gorgeous and sounds mental!!! Lots of stories and tales please!!

Hreow
25-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Tails? I can start at the other end. When he was teething, he had the most scary-looking set of double fangs. The new canines in his upper jaw pushed up next to the baby-fangs instead of underneath, so for a week he had twice the fangs he should have. Didn't bother him a bit, but it did make for an impressive smile. :-)

janey83
25-03-2006, 12:09 PM
hi and welcome, Rover is gorgeous, so cute.

dinahsmum
25-03-2006, 12:30 PM
:smt039 Hreow! and welcome to CP.
Look forward to more chats with you and more pics of the bootiful Rover

Elaine
25-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Hello and welcome to cp;)

dandysmom
25-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Tails? I can start at the other end. When he was teething, he had the most scary-looking set of double fangs. The new canines in his upper jaw pushed up next to the baby-fangs instead of underneath, so for a week he had twice the fangs he should have. Didn't bother him a bit, but it did make for an impressive smile. :-)
He He He...this happened with my Siamese and you're right.. a VERY impressive smile! I have always wondered: what happens to their milk teeth...I have never, ever found a discarded tooth lying anywhere...do they swallow them? No one else that I've ever asked about this has ever seen a fallen-out tooth either,,,anyone have a clue??

Hreow
25-03-2006, 11:03 PM
From the crunching sounds, he's swallowed them. Managed to rescue one of the canines, though. Had aberrant visions of fixing it in a tiny silver mounting and wearing it like one of those horrid sharks-teeth. Appealed to my sense of the absurd.

Sweet
26-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Only just caught this thread been offline all weekend.

Welcome to Cat Pages x

Violet waves a paw x

Moli
26-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi warm welcome to Catpages...

carternm31
30-03-2006, 11:15 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/carternm31/Catweb2.jpg