PDA

View Full Version : What are your most vivid childhood memories?

Luke
23-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Was just sitting here reflecting on things..n it seems madness in a mere couple of years i will be classed as an adult!:shock: So i started to think back to my childhood on a whole..and could remember certain things as clear as day...so i was wondering what are your most vivid chilhood memories?

Mine would be;

Playing out in the fields with friends of mine in hot summers n being out until the sky went purple and the midges were buzzing high..
When we had thick snow (must have been about 7) and we had the day off school as the snow was so thick..and going 'sledging;' n ending up in a freezing stream..
On the summer days of picking apples at my aunts house and making apple crumble..and eating it whilst looking out onto the sun going down (her house was on a hill BTW!)
For a period when i lived with my great grandmother due to my parents having 'issues' and sitting on the step infront of her house gazing out onto the world and wondering about life in general.
Its madness that the years have passed yet, inside, im still that kid sitting on the step....
Anyway..so what are your most vivid childhood memories?

CJK
23-03-2006, 12:35 PM
blimey, dont remember an awfull lot. but i do remember getting on the bus to go into the army camp my dad worked on to go to playschool. Also remmeber a jack russel puppy we had called snoopy, though my mums amazed at how cos she said he died when I was one!

Also remmeber going for walks with my gran who dies 8 years ago, and throwing sticks for her dog called blacky to catch.

and when i sit here and think of soemthing and then think " ht hat was 10 years ago" i feel old, but when i sit and think oh that was 28 years ago i feelREALLY old

yola
23-03-2006, 12:55 PM
1. Being sick in my Dad's car after a visit to london zoo when my gran was feeding me tonnes of sweets. It was an old (not old then) Zephyr he had with bench seats at the front. I was sat in the middle of the front, and just barfed all over the dashboard. Bless. I think I must've been tiny, 3 or smaller coz my brother wasn't even on the horizon at that point.

2. This must've been one of the earliest memories; my neighbour Jane was barely 3 (coz they'd just moved in) making me 2 1/2, and I remember her stood in her garden saying through the fence to me in my garden 'do you want to come over'? She had white tights and a little tartan skirt on. I didn't know what she meant coz English wasn't my 1st language and I still hadn't had much exposure to 'colloqualisms' such as that!!

Mags
23-03-2006, 03:10 PM
1) My earliest memory was being in hospital with pneumonia, age 3 .........I
was given a big spoon of malt every morning and I loved it.

2) Still in the hospital.......I dropped my toy elephant down the loo :oops: :oops: and
cried for ages!

3) Playing in the fields on sunny days and picking moon daisies for my mum.
Also picking bluebells in the woods..

Snoof
23-03-2006, 05:40 PM
My very first memory is from when I was 18 months old and at daycare. They were fighting me to get me to go down on the cot for a nap (I hated sleeping) and eventually after a long time, got me to lie down... And as I snuggled grudgingly under my blankie I looked at the door and my mum and my brother had come to pick me up :-D VICTORY!
I also have a memory of dropping my dummy down the loo, triggered by Mags and her elephant :oops: :lol:
And finally, my mum always told us if we were in the bath and needed to pee, not to worry about it (:oops:) and so I pooped in the tub because I didn't see the point of getting out :lol: I was maybe 3 then...

CathyW
23-03-2006, 06:57 PM
having to lay down at nursery for the sleep, and waiting till the nun went out the room and i tied and buckled everyones shoes together, except mine :oops: and getting told off big time for that, caused chaos, and biting said nun :shock: i got expelled for that, at the age of 3 :oops:
sitting in a large muddy puddle in my swimsuit (got a piccy of that)
asking the doctor everytime he came into see my mum if my baby brother or sister was in his bag.
going to my grans for the day and throwing up out the train window cause i had eaten too much :oops: oh i was a charming child, i used to decapitate everyones flowers in the garden.:-D im alot better behaved now;)

Donna
23-03-2006, 07:04 PM
My memory is appalling, but here goes:

jumping off a wall in my garden and badly grazing all the backs of my legs and knees and having bandages on both legs - not wanting to wear a skirt.
choking on a mint imperial on the front seat of the upstairs of a bus and my mum throwing me upside down and thumping me (god knows what the other passengers thought)
locking myself in the car whilst the parents were getting the shopping in and eating the block of cheese through the plasting wrap
hooving up a bucket of water:shock:Thats about it at the moment!

Fran
23-03-2006, 09:47 PM
My memories are..

Midnight mass Christmas Eve every year :roll:

Spending all the summer holidays at my Auntie Kath's (She wasn't a real aunt but she lived a few doors away) I loved being there and playing with her children. As a child I was a faddy eatter :oops: but I would eat anything Auntie Kath put in front of me, my mum full of despair at my eating habits couldn't understand it but everything always tasted so much nicer at Auntie Kath's ;)

dandysmom
23-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Endless Summer days at my Grandma's house, picking unripe grapes & getting sick, feeding the chickens & getting pecked when I collected eggs, sugar cookies & milk on the back porch steps.....tonsillectomy at 5 & ice cream to cool my throat...Pearl Harbor (giving my age away here!!:roll: :-D) ...my Dad taking me out to the garden to see a red-headed woodpecker; I must have been about 5 then also, it was before we moved to the house I later grew up in. This was a really GOOD question!!

JemBob
23-03-2006, 10:56 PM
grew up on a RAF base so all my child memorys are classifed :lol:

Moli
23-03-2006, 11:33 PM
My best memory was sitting on my dads knee by the fire sharing his cocoa....when my brother and sisters were all in bed asleep!!

CathyW
24-03-2006, 08:10 PM
i remember when my dad used to come home on payday, and give me a few pennies in his wage packet. and my mum sitting me in the sink with the washing, and i used to jump on the washing to help wash it :D i lived on a farm in scotland when i was a nipper, i always remember coming down to london when i was 5 to live, and it was during the smogs, i screamed when i saw my first fog :shock:

yola
24-03-2006, 08:51 PM
My Dad used to come home from the office early on a Friday and would walk to the newsagent to pay for the papers (if the weather was good) . . . I would always go with him and be given a thrupenny bit to buy lollies with. I loved that coin, it was just so tactile :-)

That's a really nice memory that BM's post has brought back to me - thanks :-D

CathyW
25-03-2006, 09:45 PM
My Dad used to come home from the office early on a Friday and would walk to the newsagent to pay for the papers (if the weather was good) . . . I would always go with him and be given a thrupenny bit to buy lollies with. I loved that coin, it was just so tactile :-)

That's a really nice memory that BM's post has brought back to me - thanks :-Dwow 3d u was rich :D we had silver 3d bits in scotland :D