PDA

View Full Version : can i ask you all a favour?

CJK
22-03-2006, 05:58 PM
If you ahve a few moment spare could you take a look at my web site for me?
I want constructive criticism on it.
I dont just want everybody to say thats great.
If you think I need to add or remove soemthing, change colour schemes or music, layout or anything. If you notice any errors.
If you think I need to add a section on something important i missed out....

if you dont mind of course

http://www.freewebs.com/persianfurbabes/index.htm

yola
22-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Here are my comments for what they're worth. Most are just personal observations . . .

1. If it were my website I'd remove the music - its' just a personal thing, but I think music distracts from what you're viewing. I know they're the argument of volume button but I do know some people that'll leave a site that has music - need an option for 'sound off' upfront!

2. The initial capitalization of the home page makes reading the text quite difficult - I'd consider reverting to just ordinary upper and lower case with caps after full stops etc.

3. The butterflies are really cute - however can you find jumping kittens or something cat related? It'd just tie in visually a little more that's all.

4. Did you write all of the content? If you 'borrowed' any of it, just make sure you've got permission to use it as copyright infringement can cause problems.

There are several typos I noticed immediately - I haven't time to look through the whole site now (careful proofreading can be quite time consuming), but it's important to get the detail correct I will do a full crit + let you know of any spelling mistakes later today or tomorrow. :-D

CJK
22-03-2006, 07:28 PM
thanks Yola. when I get a few momnents tomyself i'll take another look through and see what i can do.

re the music, there is a pause button at the bottom of each page, but I'll see about removing it

Snoof
22-03-2006, 08:23 PM
I would second the no-music thing. My browser told me to download the plugin (which I didn't), but ideally you want people to be able to just view your website - if they need to download additional things (or might need to) you want to minimise that unless it's strictly necessary. Music will also add to load time when it's really not particularly necessary, is it? If you could get it to load with the music paused and have a play button that can be clicked if desired, I'd be more for it.

The butterflies are cute, but they make it harder to read - for one, because something is fluttering and for another because they go over the text at times. I'd suggest feline animated gifs that stay in one place, so the text can go around it and not be obliterated by them at any point.

Few typoes, but the only one I can remember is "She's wwo years old" :)

Aside from that, I like the colour scheme and I think you did very well.

CJK
22-03-2006, 08:24 PM
made a few tweaks now!!!
thanks guys