PDA

View Full Version : Introducing cats

Elaine
21-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Some of you already know that Eva has not been very accepting of Bernie since his arrival back in November. Its been a long slogg and very slow moving. I felt we had reached a stale mate situation and werent moving any further forward so I contacted an animal behaviourist to see if she could help put us back on track.
She came last night and asked loads of questions but to my surprise wasnt very tactile with the cats, maybe thats just me though coz i always have to fuss any cat I see. I spoke to her at length about the situation and also about my fear that it may also be me that is hold things back. I say that because on the few times Bernie has managed to chase her, she gets into such a state that i now always feel a little aprehensive about letting Bernie roam freely when Eva is in the house.
Wendy, the animal behaviourist, is coming back next week with a plan of action for us to follow. I really hope it does the trick as I am now 70 quid lighter for the experience LOL.
But what I really wanted to tell you all is, tonight when i went to fetch Bernie from the lounge to put him in his pen for dinner, I didnt see the Diva sneek in the room behind me:shock:
Bernie was curled up on the sofa and Eva came right up to him, gave him a little nose kiss and then walk off in a very casual fashion:shock: NO GROWLING. NO HISSING. EARS AND WHISKERS ALL POINTING FORWARD.
Little witch just loves to surprise me and watch me part with my hard earned cash LOL:lol:

Donna
21-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Oooh couldnt that of happened before that lady came? Could of saved you seventy pounds!!

dinahsmum
21-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Typical cat!

Elaine
21-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Think she is going for gold LOL for the last fortnight she has been pooping on the bedroom floor :shock: but this evening she pooped in the litter box in the kitchen:lol:
Dontcha just love the Diva and her timing LOL

Booktigger
21-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Fingers crossed Elaine, sounds like things might have gone better even if she hadn't come though!!

Snoof
21-03-2006, 10:46 PM
:roll: Typical :lol:

I hope this is the dawning of a new, more peaceful era for you!

Elaine
21-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Just goes to show what a little DIVA she really is:lol: Here's hopeing that things come on leaps and bounds now.

Sweet
22-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Loved the bit about.......the little nose kiss x

Julie84
22-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Aww, the little nose kiss sounds lovely! :smt049

But what a little madam!! :roll: :lol: (£70?! :eek: )

Elaine
22-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Yup and now the real Eva has shown face again, hissy spitty little witch;)