PDA

View Full Version : Cats and their reflections

Kazz
27-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I brought a mirror today and left it propped up against the wall Cleo was fascinated with her own reflection - she seemed to know it wasn't another cat - well no reaction but she was interested.

I have since remembered the when they were tiny they saw their reflections and panic ensued the more Oscar tried to "scare off" the rival cat (himself) the more the rival cat made the same moves.:roll: Cleo went frantic trying to get at the "rival cats" but everytime she went behind to get them they'd gone then they jumped out at her again when she came back to the front of the mirror
They must have been about 8-9 months old then as I was moving the removal men thought they were hilarious.

Has your cat ever seen their reflection and what was the result?

Karen

CJK
27-02-2006, 04:58 PM
i used to ahve a full lenght pine mirror in my bedroom, when they were little twix and oatmeal used to attack the cats in it lol. they didnt when they got older.

Sweet
27-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Violet loves to sit on my mirror in the bedroom, she sits paws tucked under all cutie x

yola
27-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Mine always looked behind the full-length mirror that's propped up against the wall when they were small trying to find 'that other cat'. It make me laugh to see them!!!

They've sinced wised up to the fact and completely ignore any mirrors or reflections :roll:

Moli
27-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Mine do that too Yola, always go behind it looking for the cat.....

Mags
27-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Cassie tries to box her reflection in the TV!:roll: :lol:

dinahsmum
27-02-2006, 06:39 PM
It's so sweet when kittens spot themselves in a mirror for the first time!

Donna
27-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I had a mirror propped up on the landing on the floor when Chloe was a kitten. She had ran upstairs one day and Emma was running behind her. Chloe clocked sight of "this cat" in the mirror and went absolutely mental!! She went all fluffy and was standing really funny and hissing. She stayed like that for about ten minutes and it was only when I went upstairs and "calmed her down" that she became normal again. Emma was really scared of her because she looked "evil"!!!

dinahsmum
27-02-2006, 07:22 PM
That's the reaction I meant!
"Cat in an electric socket!" :lol:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_9.gif

Donna
27-02-2006, 07:24 PM
That's the reaction I meant!
"Cat in an electric socket!" :lol:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_9.gif

That describes it perfectly!!

Elaine
27-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Winston used to love posing in the mirror. He would sit and watch himself for ages. Such a vain but yet handsome man;)