PDA

View Full Version : Hi

elizabeth
27-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi, we've just joined you all and my name is elizabeth. We have a Persian oldie, 15 years, called Billy and are devastated to have had our little girl Persian, Charis, put to sleep a few days ago. We rescued her and brought her home on Nov. 1st and she was full of love and yet so frightened of people. She began to trust us and now to lose her is awful, she was only 2 years 8months. No cat can take her place, she will always be in our heart but we would like to rescue another little girl and we're sure thats the right thing to do, Charis loved other cats.Nice to join with you all.

Moli
27-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi Elizabeth, warm http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif to Catpages.....Look forward to chatting..........

Sorry to hear about your little girl..............

dinahsmum
27-01-2006, 04:41 PM
:smt039 Hi Elizabeth - Welcome to CatPages.
Sorry you have joined us in such sad circumstances - poor little Charis
We understand your sadness.:(
However, look forward to chatting more with you and joining you in seeking a new rescue furbaby when the time is right.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_20.gif

yola
27-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Elizabeth . . . welcome!!! So sorry to hear about Charis - loosing a pet is a horrible thing, especially when you've worked so hard to develop that bond.

I too have persians (3!!!) - and I look forward to seeing a pic of Billy when you have a mo to post one.

BTW - what colour is he?

Kazz
27-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Hello Elizabeth and welcome.

So sorry to hear about you recent loss, Charis is a lovely if somewhat unusual name, rescuing another sounds a lovely tribute to her. Your Billy is a good age too :)

I am Karen and have an oldie too a moggie called Cleo who is 23

Welcome to catpages we are friendly and chatty lot.

Take care Karen

Mags
27-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Elizabeth, http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/flowers/043.gif to Catpages!
So sorry to hear about your recent loss of Charis:cry:
I hope you will like it here, we try to keep it a very friendly board for everyone. Look forward to chatting to you and hopefully seeing some of your pics....

CJK
27-01-2006, 06:04 PM
hi elizabeth.
Hope you like it here. I not been that long myself, few weeks i think, It's a lovely place, friendly people. Some gorgeous cats too, I think I may go steal some!

sorry about your girl! rescuing another sounds a good idea

borderdawn
27-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Welcome to CP, sorry to hear about Charis.
Dawn.

Fran
27-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Warm welcome to Catpages :D I hope you will be very happy here it is a lovely, friendly board.

So sorry to hear about Charis :(

Look forward to chatting to you

Donna
27-01-2006, 09:10 PM
A warm welcome to CP. Tis a very friendly and fun forum. Sorry to hear about your little kitty x

LMC
28-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Welcome Elizabeth.

Sorry to hear about Charis, but at least she had her last few months loved and happy.

Elaine
28-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello and welcome.
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. xxx

EmmaG
28-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Welcome Elizabeth, sorry to hear about Charis :( (RIP little girl )

cataddiction
28-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi elizabeth, sorry to hear of your loss, its never easy:( i do hope you enjoy it here:D

elizabeth
30-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Haven't been online for a few days but having read all that you have written I am overwhelmed by your caring and support. Thank you everybody. Charis was very special and we miss her loads, we had her for such a short time but she taught us so much above love. At church yesterday my husband talked about her during the Communion service- our church has an open Communion when anyone can speak-and he talked about how people so easily get irritable when they're in pain-my husbands disabled-but all she showed was love, she never once lashed out or got nasty. Not sure about pics. as I'm no good as putting them on. did get a digital camera and can just about manage to put them onto the computer but wouldn't know where to start putting them on a thread!:)

Mags
30-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Elizabeth, here is a link to help you with posting your pics....:-P
http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=6

Jac
30-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Hello Elizabeth and welcome to CP. I'm so sorry to hear about Charis, I too rescued an animal and only had her for a few months before I had to let her go. She like your wee girl was so full of love she touched people that didnt even meet her but new her story.
You are more than welcome to chat about her here, everyone is friendly and will understand.
Look forward to chatting more.
Run free little Charis, you'll meet your mum at the bridge.