PDA

View Full Version : could have been worse...

CJK
19-01-2006, 01:28 PM
:shock: Silly mummy fell asleep on the sofa (something i hardly usually do) and left elliot wathching blues clues.
I woke up to hear a little far away voice yelling "sticked mum-mum sticked"

( he saw an art programme once where the lady was telling them tos tick things, so now everything that either wont move, is stuck, glued taped etc is sticked)

I went running about the hosue trying to find where the voice was coming from ( i am slightly deaf and ahve trouble judging where noise coems from).
I looked in cupboards and alls orts. LAstly i went into my 7 year olds room, to hear "hi ya mum-mum, sticked"
There was my little un sitting on top of my 7 year olds cabin bed!!!
He had climbed up the ladder and couldnt get down.
I had no idea a 2 year old could climb a ladder like that.
Good job he didnt try coming down again.
Daft thing is, i have stair gates EVERYWHERE and he got through two that bad mummy had forgotten to lock!

yola
19-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow CJ - I bet that gave you a bit of a fright!!! My 2 1/2 year old managed to take the stair gate apart; not opening it but actually unscrewing the darned thing off (it's one of those that expands into place).

Bless him - glad alls well that ends well!!! :D

CJK
19-01-2006, 02:26 PM
it did actually!

my 7 year old gave me a massive fright when he was about 3. At the timne i remember there was a story on news about a child being abducted, and we had got warning letters from nursery saying police were aware there was somebody hanging about nurseries and schools in a car.
I came home from shopping, and by the time i unpacked he had vanished. i loked out the back to see the garden gate swinging.
God did i go mad, running around the streets stopping everybody that went past, in the end they were all loking for him too.
One bright spark said have u cheked your house?
I was like "erm...no".
i rushed bacn indoors, going nuts, calling him, didnt see him, back outside, ready to call the poilce, when the same person said look you're upset,do you mind me looking int he house, in your panick you may have missed him. Of course i said yes, gratefull for the help.

Five minutes later down comes this woman with my boy alseep in her arms " is this what you're looking for"?

It turns out he had gone and gotten into my bed and fallen asleep, but had at some point rolled over (we think) in the duvet and fallen over the side of the bed, wrapped up inside the duvet, and was between the bed and wall so i couldnt see him!!!!!!

what a fright!
I felt foolish, but everybody looking said they were just glad he was ok.

yola
19-01-2006, 02:29 PM
CJ - you shouldn't feel foolish is a completely natural reaction - I flipped out the other week in John Lewis coz Domi did a runner (he is a real bad one for running off and just playing amongst clothes) - he was safe - just sitting under some long coats :oops:

Thank heaven that woman that helped you was on hand - it shows there are still some decent folks out there not just predatory weirdos.

CJK
19-01-2006, 02:31 PM
it shocks me the amount of kids that go missing, etc, the amount of animals mistreated etc. makes u wonder what one arth is going on in peoples heads.