PDA

View Full Version : Oscar

Kazz
18-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi All
Please when you read this smile, :) for Oscar always has been a happy white and ginger cat.

I took him to the vets this morning in no pain or discomfort and had him PTS, because his time has come to an end. I held him to the end and after and have brought him home and buried him in the back garden under the tree that throws the dappled shade in summer.

He has had a long and happy and very much loved life and I could not see him suffer so I have made the descision and sent him on ahead. Although in reality he will never leave my heart.

Oscar 1982 - Dec 2005. My cat.

Take care all and Happy Christmas Karen

borderdawn
18-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Very sorry to hear this Kazz, I didnt think poor Oscar was poorly :( There arent many who reach his age, you should be proud of yourself knowing he had the most wonderful, happy long life.
Dawn.

Moli
18-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear this Kazz, "HUG"S to you, you did what was right for Oscar...

Run Free beautiful Boy.................

Mags
18-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh Kazz, I am so sorry to hear this as I thought the steroids were helping him. He has been a long devoted companion to you and has had the best life any cat could wish for. Your final deed of love was to free him from any suffering. Thinking of you and your family Kazz and sending you comfort and ((((hugs)))) xx

Run free Oscar, your mum will never forget you xx

dinahsmum
18-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Sweet dreams sweet boy
x

Donna
18-12-2005, 01:04 PM
I am so sorry Kazz to hear your sad news, but you did the kindest thing which proved your love. Thinking of you x

Luke
18-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Kazz i am so very sorry:( he was such a gorgeous cat. But he gave you many years of 'loyal service' and you did him the biggest favour by ending his pain:(
((((BIG HUGS)))
Luke x

Kazz
18-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Thank you all.
Cleo is asleep on the rug as I type as of yet I think unphased she has never spent more than a few hours without him in the last 23 years, apart from when he went off hunting:roll:
I brought Oscar into the house and laid him on his bed so she could see him but she didn't even pause she bolted from the room totally unlike her. So I suspect she knows - even if she does not understand as we do.

Anyhow Take care all Karen

Elfin
18-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Kazz, sorry to hear about your Oscar and I hope he is playing over the Rainbow bridge with my dugless.

Kazz
18-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Please try to remember to smile. He has such a happy and much loved life. Throughout his life he has always looked to me for reassurance and today he got it. So please smile:D he was a happy cat.

Oscar for those who don't know taken a few weeks ago in the spotwhere he is now buried.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2005-11-1300001.jpg

Fran
18-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Oh Kazz.....I am so sorry to here this. Well done for allowing him a dignified passing.{{{Hugs to you}}}

RIP Oscar....run free at the bridge x

smudgley
18-12-2005, 02:27 PM
I am trying to read this thread with a smile - honest I am - but I can't help having a big lump in my throat Kazz - we all feel like we know Oscar & Cleo from hearing all about them.

Take care Kazz -

from Smudgley (trying to :) )

:cry:

dinahsmum
18-12-2005, 02:33 PM
IF I SHOULD GROW FRAIL

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain does keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done
for this - the last battle -can't be won.

You will be sad I understand
But don't let grief then stay your hand.
For on this day, more than the rest
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end.
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two -these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

(author unknown)

Kazz
18-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Thats torn it Thanks DM Thanks all of you.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

dinahsmum
18-12-2005, 02:39 PM
You carry on girl...............................
tomorrow is another day, and you can be brave then.

Naomi
18-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh Kazz I'm so very sorry to hear about Oscar :(

He had a good life and a very long one too. Obviously your love for him kept him going all these years :D

Run free Oscar xxxxxxxxx

EmmaG
18-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry Karen to hear about Oscar, but you let him go with dignity...he had a very long and wonderful life.

RIP Oscar.... http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/images/smilies/angel.gif

EmmaG
18-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Lend Me a Kitten

I will lend to you for a while
a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives,
and mourn when he's dead.

Maybe for twenty or twenty three years,
or maybe two or three.
But will you, 'till I call him back,
take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you
and should his stay be brief,
you'll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,
since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught below
I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true,
And from the folk that crowds life's land
I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love,
nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take
my kitten home again?

And my heart replied,
"My Lord, Thy Will Be Done."
For all the joys this kitten brings,
the risk of grief I'll run.

I'll shelter him with tenderness,
I'll love him while I may.
And for the happiness that I've known,
forever grateful stay.

But should you call him back
much sooner than I planned,
I'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try to understand.

If by my love I've managed
your wishes to achieve,
in memory of his sweet sweet love,
please help me while I grieve.

When my cherished kitten
departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul
for me to love all his life.
~

Kazz
18-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Thank you very much Emma much appreciated, he left as he lived with love in his heart and dignity in his walk. :D

Karen

Fran
18-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Kazz - you are being very brave. I cannot read those poems, not today. I will come back and re-read this thread in a few days. {{{Hugs to you Karen}}} x

Kazz
18-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Not brave Fran, realisitic maybe. But forever and a day my left hand side will be cold the side he choose to lay on. Well it was chosen for him because Cleo choose the right.:roll: Cats 'eh who'd have 'em.:D

Jeanette
18-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh Karen

Now I'm crying again:-(

Run free Oscar..

Kazz
18-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Nah J don't cry for him. He lived his life knowing only love, kindness and security, and thats exactly how he left us knowing no less; and before his last memory was just pain.

He was a happy vocal and well loved white and ginger cat.:D simply one of my cats.

Karen

Tom
18-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Awww Kazz bless him i am sure this was the best choice for him ...

RIP Oscar x x x x

Kazz
18-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Ta Tom.:D I appreciate it.

bobbie3917
19-12-2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry to hear this Kazz
run free and fast young man (((hugs)))

Kazz
19-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Ta Natalie.

Kay
19-12-2005, 10:43 AM
It is so hard to let them go but as you say he had a long and happy life, you couldn't ask for anymore. My thoughts are with you.

R.I.P. Oscar.

Jac
19-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Kazz
I've just caught up with this thread. I'm so very sorry for your loss. You loved him and let him go when it was the time. That say's it all to me.
RIP Oscar

Kazz
19-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Thank you all very very much, it was his time to go on ahead. Karen

yola
19-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Karen - I didn't notice this thread . . . so sorry.

I don't know what to say. You've done the best for your boy, but it doesn't make it any easier to know it's what must be done.

All I can do is put myself in your shoes and know that I would be distraught beyond belief if my cat-companion of so many years left me. You're being so very brave and I salute you for it - I could not be so brave and would not be as strong as you are being.

I feel for Cleo. She can't rationalise and explain away what has happened to her companion. However he is happy; at peace and will always (I'm sure) stand alongside you.

BIG hugs and love.

Kazz
19-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Thank you Yola.
As i say it was easier than I thought because it was his time and no one wants to see an old friend suffer especially when they have no understanding as to what is happening, he and Cleo have always relied on me to keep them safe. So there was no other choice, so I made it for my Oz. Safe in my arms to the end, hearing nothing but my voice saying "you're okay old man, go to sleep" as I did and will do every night. :D

Karen

The Piddler
21-12-2005, 03:54 AM
Karen ~ I know you have told the readers here to be wearing a smile, but it is difficult, as the love that you shared with your Oz so deeply touches our hearts. I will smile for your Oz and the good life that he shared with you ~ but I am also shedding a few tears tonight, for the time that he is at God's Garden waiting for you. His passing with dignity and comfort and trust is one I could only wish for all, human and fur alike. God bless you Karen ~ carry your Oz in your heart forever.
Deb

Emm
21-12-2005, 11:52 AM
I have only just seen this thread - so sorry xxxxx

Elaine
31-12-2005, 03:16 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I know I have only been here a short time, I too have an old CRF boy as you know Kazz and I know you did the right thing by old boy Oscar, he would thank you for your kindness in letting him go before the pain. I hope I can be strong and make the right decision by my dear sweet old boy.

RIP Oscar xxx

Kazz
31-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Thank you all.

Oz was from a kitten my "old man" with a nature most cats owners would "kill for" totally bomb proof, loving, gentle, playful, adventurous and above all talkative. :roll:
You knew where he was before you saw him; hearing him calling to you long before you saw him. An extra long ginger striped tail curled at the end waving above the grass - its a wonder he caught anything, but he used to but he'd forgo any hunting trip on hearing my voice.

He was a total and utter pleasure to know and a joy to spend time with he was simply Oz, a noisy white and ginger cat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Captured2005-11-1300001.jpg

Thank you all and I do miss him more than words can say even looking at his picture causes tears, but tears aren't a bad thing I miss him but I would not wish him discomfort or pain and thats why I let him go on ahead to lead the way with a ginger tail curled over talking to us as he goes.
He always will be my adventurer.

Kim
01-01-2006, 12:40 AM
He looked a lovely boy Karen. You did a very brave and selfless thing letting such an old man go without discomfort and pain. It is never easy to decide when the time is right and you let your lovely lad go with dignity. He was born the year I got married - such a fantastic age, lots of happy memories of a wonderful life. I recently had to have my lovely boy Ben pts, and I still can't even look at a photo of him without crying, you will understandably miss him so much, but he will ALWAYS be in your heart.

Kazz
07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Just wanted to bring Oscar into 2006. Soppy eh?

Mags
07-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Don't worry Kazz, we won't forget Oscar........
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/xmas/k060].gif ...good to have you in our thoughts old boy!

dinahsmum
07-01-2006, 07:21 PM
No - you're just not ready to let him go. No suprise after 23 (23!) years.
You've done the really hard bit and let him go physically, so you can take as long as you like to let him go from your mind.
Happy 2006!

Jeanette
07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I think its only natural Karen. He was with you for a long time.

Donna
07-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Oscar is already with you in 2006 Kazz. He will never go away.

Fran
08-01-2006, 12:48 AM

{{{Hugs Kazz}}} I know exactly what you mean ;)

yola
08-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Aw hun. I think that's so sweet. Oscar will ALWAYS be with you in your heart.