PDA

View Full Version : Hello

LMC
13-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi

I provide a hotel and catering service for four rescue girls of varying ages. My home PC is out of action at the moment but hope to be able to put pics up sometime next week.

Look forward to chatting with like-minded cat- obsessed people :smt024

yola
13-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Hello LMC . . . welcome to cat pages!!

Really looking forward to seeing pics of your kitties; what breeds/colours are they? What are their names?

Fran
13-12-2005, 06:13 PM
warm welcome to cp...look forward to hearing more about you and your kitties when your pc is back up and running :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/cooltext347811.gif

Moli
13-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi warm http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/10.gif to Catpages............

LMC
13-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm being norty and doing this at work :lol: - thought I'd better post as I've been reading for a while and thought it would be polite to say hello rather than just lurk. Thanks for the welcome :cat21
I'll start a home page with their full stories and pics when I'm back up and running, but in the meantime...

Jenny, 12 or 13, pale ginger and half-Oriental (she talks to me) - getting to be an old lady too soon :cry: as she had a hard life before coming to me at the age of about 12-18 months. She's getting very asthmatic and can be a bit grumpy but is a real cuddlebug - purrs like a train and will sleep under the duvet with me if I let her (which I'm sorry to say I don't normally, too hot - but she does get to sleep ON the duvet).

Snowy, 11.5, black (I have a bad sense of humour), painfully shy but likes a little bit of fuss when there's no-one around. She's slowing down a bit now (I can catch her when I need to instead of having to trap her). Lives outside during the summer but likes to be cosy at this time of year. She's a catnip junkie.

Molly, nearly 5, blue/cream tortie with big green eyes - a real supermodel. Poor thing, lost her first home, then her friend, and then her second home - so a bit nervous but friendly. She always looks terribly worried, but she's got a cheeky streak and will stick a paw out to trip up the others if they walk too close by her.

Amber, about 3 or 4, long-haired ginger/white. Very affectionate although not really a lap cat. She was a stray when the CPL picked her and her kittens up and making up for lost time - none of the others are overweight but she is as wide as she is high (I'm secretly convinced that she's a tribble but can't find a Klingon to check). She hates being brushed, but I make sure I pin her down frequently enough so she doesn't get matted although she always looks a bit scruffy.

Fran
13-12-2005, 06:43 PM
They sound adorable LMC, what characters :-D Look forward to hearing more about them :D

dinahsmum
13-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi
Look forward to chatting with like-minded cat- obsessed people :smt024

Oh, what a shame - there are none of those here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to Cp - sure you will like it!

EmmaG
13-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Hi and welcome to the mad house :)

Mags
13-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi LMC http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/flowers/043.gif to Catpages!! Look forward to hearing more about you and your kitties soon!

Naomi
13-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Welcome to Catpages!!!

Your cats sound wonderful

Elfin
13-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Welcome from another newbie :D

dandysmom
24-12-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm being norty and doing this at work :lol: - thought I'd better post as I've been reading for a while and thought it would be polite to say hello rather than just lurk. Thanks for the welcome :cat21
I'll start a home page with their full stories and pics when I'm back up and running, but in the meantime...

Jenny, 12 or 13, pale ginger and half-Oriental (she talks to me) - getting to be an old lady too soon :cry: as she had a hard life before coming to me at the age of about 12-18 months. She's getting very asthmatic and can be a bit grumpy but is a real cuddlebug - purrs like a train and will sleep under the duvet with me if I let her (which I'm sorry to say I don't normally, too hot - but she does get to sleep ON the duvet).

Snowy, 11.5, black (I have a bad sense of humour), painfully shy but likes a little bit of fuss when there's no-one around. She's slowing down a bit now (I can catch her when I need to instead of having to trap her). Lives outside during the summer but likes to be cosy at this time of year. She's a catnip junkie.

Molly, nearly 5, blue/cream tortie with big green eyes - a real supermodel. Poor thing, lost her first home, then her friend, and then her second home - so a bit nervous but friendly. She always looks terribly worried, but she's got a cheeky streak and will stick a paw out to trip up the others if they walk too close by her.

Amber, about 3 or 4, long-haired ginger/white. Very affectionate although not really a lap cat. She was a stray when the CPL picked her and her kittens up and making up for lost time - none of the others are overweight but she is as wide as she is high (I'm secretly convinced that she's a tribble but can't find a Klingon to check). She hates being brushed, but I make sure I pin her down frequently enough so she doesn't get matted although she always looks a bit scruffy.
Hi! I'm intrigued by your Molly, the blue cream tortie...I am owned by Leia, who I thought was a blue-patched tabby but have wondered if she might be a dilute tortie....does Molly have a very ringed tail? I wish I knew how to post a photo on this forum; I'm a retired senior citizen and not as tech savvy as I should be. I live in the States, Washington, DC & have cats all my life; am enjoying this site...this is my first time on it. Can anyone explain the difference between a blue-patched tabby and a dilute tortie? I also am owned by a 20 year old brindled tortie, Patches.

Jac
24-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Hello and Welcome. Glad you have found us, Its a great place to be.

Fran
24-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi! I'm intrigued by your Molly, the blue cream tortie...I am owned by Leia, who I thought was a blue-patched tabby but have wondered if she might be a dilute tortie....does Molly have a very ringed tail? I wish I knew how to post a photo on this forum; I'm a retired senior citizen and not as tech savvy as I should be. I live in the States, Washington, DC & have cats all my life; am enjoying this site...this is my first time on it. Can anyone explain the difference between a blue-patched tabby and a dilute tortie? I also am owned by a 20 year old brindled tortie, Patches.

Hi and warm welcome to CP Dandysmom!! Why not post in the Introductions section so that we can say hello to you properly :D

Here is how to post piccies. Hope this helps. If you are still stuck just shout for help!!

http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=6

Donna
24-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Hello and welcome to you. Look forward to hearing and seeing piccies of your cats. :lol:

LMC
24-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi dandysmom & welcome!

I now have my new laptop so should be able to get pics up in the next couple of days.

dandysmom
25-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Hello and Welcome. Glad you have found us, Its a great place to be.
Hi!I thought I was in the introductions site, but guess I'm not. Thanks for the link to posting pictures: I do have an account at Photobucket but have had no luck so far figuring out how to attach them..I have an Apple Mac; does that make a difference? My pix are in the iPhoto on my Mac; is it possible to do it from there? And do I post message here on this site, then go to, say, Photobucket, try it there and then back to here to send? Sorry for the dumb questions, but that's the only way to learn is by asking. Thanks for all the nice messages' this IS a friendly site! Happy Holidays to everyone!

Fran
25-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Dandysmom..You are in the intro section. I just thought you may wish to start your own intro thread :D

Regarding photobucket. Have you tried copying the url for the piccie you wish to upload and then pasting it into your thread? Don't know much about apple macs so can't help you there :(

Hope you manage to post some piccies soon :D

Happy Christmas to you!!

dandysmom
27-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Hi!I thought I was in the introductions site, but guess I'm not. Thanks for the link to posting pictures: I do have an account at Photobucket but have had no luck so far figuring out how to attach them..I have an Apple Mac; does that make a difference? My pix are in the iPhoto on my Mac; is it possible to do it from there? And do I post message here on this site, then go to, say, Photobucket, try it there and then back to here to send? Sorry for the dumb questions, but that's the only way to learn is by asking. Thanks for all the nice messages' this IS a friendly site! Happy Holidays to everyone!
Hi again!It just occurred to me in the section about cat breeds owned..I thought it was for all the cats I have ever owned (or been owned by!) Right now I have 2 moggies...domestic shorthairs here in the States... Patches, the 20 year old brindled tortie & Leia, who is 6 and either a dilute tortie or a blue-patched tabby....whatever, she's a beautiful cat and one of these days this retired Senior citizen IS going to figure out how to attach a photo. Wish me luck! Best to you all.

LMC
27-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I have absolutely NO objection to sharing! - but dandysmom, it seems a shame that your posts might be missed by people who have already said hello to me and might not be checking this thread again, which I think is why Fran suggested starting a new one (go to Your introductions and click on 'New Thread', top left IIRC).

In the meantime, in case you missed the pics thread showing all four of my girls, here's Molly - the blue/cream tortie (well, that's what I was told she is by the rescue, but happy to stand corrected if she's actually a calico or something else!). I think she may have a fair amount of Russian Blue in there somewhere because her coat, although short, is really really plush.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/_LMC/CatsBoxingDay05017.jpg

Fran
27-12-2005, 01:51 PM
beautiful girl!!

Jac
27-12-2005, 05:24 PM
beautiful girl!!

I'll second that!!!

Donna
27-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I'll second that!!!

I'll third that (if that makes any sense!! She looks a bit like my Chloe with the tortie colours)

bobbie3917
27-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Hello LMC . . . welcome to cat pages!!

Kay
29-12-2005, 05:42 AM

Hi

A blue patched tabby is a dilute tortie tabby and if yours has a ringed tail then that is what it is whereas a dilute tortie is either a blue-cream tortie ( being the dilute of a ordinary tortie) or a lilac-cream (being the dilute of a choclate tortie) without any tabby markings. Hope this helps.

Kay.

Kay
29-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Hi LMC

Molly is gorgeous. She is a dilute tortie and white, sometimes called a calico.

Kay

LMC
31-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks Kay - I'm a bit useless with official cat colours 'cos I've only ever had moggies, but I must admit even I had my doubts when the rescue place said blue/cream tortie - but didn't know what else she might be!