PDA

View Full Version : Accident and Emergency

Jac
13-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Well yesterday my son showed me his hand. He told me he had hurt it on Saturday but didnt want to worry me.
I nearly hit the roof! It was up like a baloon. I took my daughter to nursery then came back for him. Right up to the accident and emergency dept. 3 and 1/2 hours later I was told he had a boxers fracture. They werent sure whether to put it in a cast or not as he had done exactly the same thing 3 times before to the same hand. They gave me an appointment for the frcture clinic today at 2pm.
At 4.15 we were taken (glad I had an appointment!) The doctor has strapped his two fingers together and wants to see him next week as they may have to pin it! Brilliant ( I'll take a book with me)
Tonight I'm really sore from hanging about , but I feel so sorry for him and a bad Mum. I hadn't even noticed:shock:

samwise
13-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Dont feel bad! He was probably hiding it from you, hoping you would NOT notice!:shock: :shock:
Hope all goes well!:D :D

Moli
13-10-2005, 08:20 PM
You are anything but a bad mum Jac's, silly boy should have told you...

Fran
13-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Awww poor thing...hope he's soon feeling better poor love

Kazz
13-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Hope he's better soon - Karen

Mags
13-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hope he's better soon Jac....

Jac
13-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys I'll tell him.

He worry's about me and my back, It's been really bad for a few days, so he thought he was being good not telling me. Poor love. He'd 14 going on 40:roll:

Az
14-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Hope he gets better soon Jac. How did he do it? Whilst boxing?

Jac
14-10-2005, 04:28 PM
No Az He was fooling about with his friend and he fell. He's done the same fracture 4 times now I think. Thats why they might have to pin it.
The first time he did it he fell off the kerb:roll: again he didn't say as he had a karate tournement the following day. He new that if he said anything I'd stop him fighting:shock: . He wone the competition then told me, so it was right up to the hospital in karate gi an all. They thought he had done it fighting and he was too embaraced:oops: to tell them. So that was our little secret.:-D

Naomi
14-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Awww bless him. Hope he feels better soon